Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Scared of the Holidays....

1. jessie.g
    jessie.g
    I cant stop thinking about all the bad food that I make for the Holidays. Everyone is always asking me if I am going to still bring in all the baked goods that I use to bring to work. I was always baking something and eating it I am thinking about putting the Christmas tree up this weekend so that I will have time to shop on Black Friday. I cant wait to be out shopping and not having knee and back pain because of the weight. But who knows they still hurt because im still big. I went to the Doctors yesterday and I lost more weight but I am still so big. People are starting to notice some. I think when you get to a certain point of weight, it takes a really large amount of weight to loss before people start noticing. Ive lost 52 pounds and I get "have you lost a little weight" all the time. My husband lost about 30 pounds and they just freak out with him, and Im the one who had the surgery...ugh!!!
  2. zbrookster
    zbrookster
    At the 80 lb mark it will be very different. I've lost a lot of weight before and had the same thing happen. Its because I'm tall 5'11" so the weight doesn't show when you packing it on until about 30 lbs and vice versa. I am so proud of you! 52 lbs is awesome and under 300 must feel amazing. I'm looking forward to being able to use the wii board for exercise once I hit that. I bought a fitness game for my daughter's system and found out if you weigh more than 300 lbs you can't use it. So instead of letting that get me down I'm using it as I big reward piece. Here's to finding other things to focus on!
  3. Pbran21
    Pbran21
    I am cooking for Thanksgiving it will be hard I will be on my shakes gonna be a tuff one. I am lucky my Dr said I can have 1 slice of Turkey. my down fall is home made stuffing which I am NOT making it this year people have to understand. best of luck to you
  4. LisaNunu
    LisaNunu
    I am nervous about the holidays too! I do the family cooking and everyone comes to my house so it will be full of people, laughter and FOOD! Turkey is good and that is about the only thing I usually make that is not calorie ridden. SO I think I am going to add a simple vegetable to the mix and try to sort of good! I plan on allowing myself one small piece of a dessert - I haven't decided which on yet - but I am looking forward to tit!
  5. teresaloves2trvl
    teresaloves2trvl
    I am looking forward to having a small amount of the good food I am going to cook. That turkey will be good protein! It's going to be a small plate but it will be tasty.
  6. Danville
    Danville
    I am going to make the usual fried turkey and sausage stuffing. All the other sides will be from one of my "healthy" cookbooks. It' s not like I can eat very much even if I wanted to so will probably end up with a spoonful of each thing. I am looking forward to it and then Friday will be back to the regular routine.
  7. fluffynomore
    fluffynomore
    I'm not worried about the holidays. I was never a big sweet eater anyway. I already know that I get full quick so by the time I eat my turkey and a veggie, I will fill too stuffed for anything else. You all will do great!!