Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Thought I'd introduce myself - surgery in Mexico Dec. 10!

1. forfourpaws
    forfourpaws
    Hi all - I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I feel lucky to have found this site! I'm headed to Mexico to have surgery with Guillermo Alvarez Dec. 10. -- Thanksgiving will be my "last hurrah," then it's the liquid diet to prep and the flight down to get the party started. I would love to connect with others and learn more about your experiences in Mexico. This was a scary decision to make, but not as scary as life without it, IMO.

Best to all of you!
    Deborah
  2. harleychic
    harleychic
    Best of luck with your journey.... my journey begins Dec 6 with Almanza. we can stay in touch with each other and boost our weight loss!!! Safe journeys!!!
  3. CountryGirl72
    CountryGirl72
    Good luck to you! I get sleeved and get to join the losers side Dec. 4th with Dr. Almanza!!! I'm EXCITED!!!
  4. Deb123
    Deb123
    Was sleeved on Oct. 16th with Dr. Almanza in the Jerusalem Hospital. Had a very good experience with excellent care. Even did dome shopping there!! It's now Nov. 17th and healing well. Have lost about 12 pounds and still experimenting with how and what to eat. I can eat creamy soups, actually had th insides of a fish taco today. I find that it is critical to wait before drinking liquids after eating. I did want to talk to Dr. Almanza after the surgery to hear first hand how my specific surgery went and if there were any surprises. But I guess no news is good news. I'm feeling pretty well. How are you all?
  5. Dair67
    Dair67
    Hello! I just returned yesterday from Mexico, although I had a different DR. and Hospital, but my experience was good. I feel really good. Still learning how to get along with my new sleeve, but it will happen in time. Good luck with your journey. Mine was similar, Canadian Thanksgiving was my last "Big" meal. I won't be back on "normal" food now until after Christmas, but that's ok! My sister had the surgery in May and has lost 75 pounds already!
  6. kaotto1502
    kaotto1502
    Welcome! My date is Dec 3 with Dr Lopez at Hospital Mi Doctor. It is scary, but the thought of being overweight (with all of the problems associated) is scarier. You can do it! Good luck to you!
  7. nanie310
    nanie310
    I am having my surgery on Dec. 9th with Dr. Almanza wish it was tomorrow so I could get it over with!!!
  8. ChristinsColes
    ChristinsColes
    I totally understand about life being scary without it. Mine is on the 11th with Dr. Almanza. Good to hear everything is well Deb123.
  9. Luann
    Luann
    Welcome to you! I agree, overweight & likely to get even more so is the scariest thought of all.
  10. forfourpaws
    forfourpaws
    Thanks for all the responses and warm wishes! My sister had WLS at Hospital Jerusalem as well a year ago in May. She has done very well too - I hope I follow in her footsteps.