Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

shrimp and VEGGIE curry

1. Joolah
    Joolah
    Made this tonight for my family I a the tiniest of servings it was so good. Please lmk if you try it.
    I am only listing ingredients not portions. You can decided based on how many people are eating and to the tastes you prefer.

Shrimp and veggie curry

Shrimp-peel and deveined
    green beans cut (not french)
    canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
    Onions-diced
    Carrots-sliced to rounds
    cauliflower-florets only
    green peppers-chopped bite size
    canned crushed tomatoes
    Sweet potatoes-boiled and cut into cubes
    curry powder-any kind as spicy as you'd like
    coconut oil
    Salt to taste
    chicken stock
    oil (preferance * I use coconut)

1. Heat oil. Sautee the onions. Add the curry powder, roast the powder until it becomes aromatic. Add pumpkin, mix well, add chicken stock and stir to combine. Add coconut milk.and stir to combine

2. Add cauliflower, sweet potatoes, cauliflowe and canned tomatoes. Simmer until veggies are getting softer.

3. Add shrimp, green beans and green peppers alow entire pan to simmer 5-8 mins until shrimp white.

*most veggies can be found frozen.
    **most of the veggies can be found canned
    ***serve over brown rice or with a side of Naan.
  2. Hev
    Hev
    Sounds wonderful .. Keep posting I am really interested in what you cook and serve up as I need some enthusiasm to cook again..
    The fresh food available in these mountains is nothing short of abysmal!
    If you dared put out a zucchini in England with pits and soft patches in it on the shelf, people would stop shopping at your store.. But here in NC mountains when you only have one store locally INGLES you don't have a choice...
    Just makes me mad that there is no fresh choice at least there is frozen ....thanks Joolah