Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Looking forward to....?

1. Kimpossible318
    Kimpossible318
    What, besides improved health, is the one thing you most look forward to as you work your way through this journey?
  2. RedSonya
    RedSonya
    The ability to do more. I want to kayak, and travel to Europe, and walk the streets of Venice. The extra weight makes plane travel very uncomfortable, and I fear that at my current weight I would not be able to enjoy my time there. As for kayaking, right now I cant fit! Lol... so... that's what I look forward to most. : )
  3. Ji_ll_ian
    Ji_ll_ian
    Everything! Being able to fly comfortably is a huge one, para-sailing, being confident enough to put on a wet suit, never ever having to worry about fitting in a booth at a restaurant or on a ride or in a desk, hiking without pain... I just want to conquer the world! lol
  4. Kimpossible318
    Kimpossible318
    I sooo agree with the whole traveling thing. I have two main goals I want to achieve once I get this weight off for good. Number one is that I want to have a baby. I'm not married and I'm not currently dating anyone, but I'm 36 so I feel that biological clock ticking. I've had friends who have done the whole sperm bank thing and I'm contemplating doing just that once I'm at my goal weight. The second thing is that I want to run a full marathon. Several years ago I lost a whole lot of weight (which has since returned plus some) and I got into running. I was the happiest I had been in a long time and I finished several half marathons. That big one eludes me, but hopefully not for too much longer!
  5. buttercupplano
    buttercupplano
    I agree with all of you. I want to fit in a seat on an airplane, I want to sit in a booth, not have to have an extender to my car's seatbelt. I want to be able to move, to do more things, be active, dance, ride a horse, travel! So many things I can't wait to do and I have to say, besides the health benefits which are HUGE I want to wear pretty cloths, not the tents with loud prints that all the plus size stores have.
  6. Maria2089
    Maria2089
    I want to be able to run! The thought of being a "runner" excites me lol I have a bunch of friends who run and say its so cathartic and I would love to do the same. I also want to be able to travel. I have dreamed of traveling the world but know I would never feel comfortable doing so at this weight. I want to be able to do what my friends are doing, shop where they shop. I also would like to meet someone and get married lol because my ULTIMATE goal is to be a mother. I can't wait until October 30th for my surgery. It seems like a world away.
  7. JuliaW
    JuliaW
    I can't believe I've found people with the same desires as me... it seems so simple to want to fit comfortably in an airplane, or to sit in a booth in a restaurant. Other than those, the thing I'm most looking forward to is keeping up with my kids! And riding a bike! I feel like a little girl with the whole world before me...
  8. judge52
    judge52
    I just want to go in a men's store and by a suit off they rack without being refered to a Big and Tall shop. Fit in a seat on a airplane without all eyes looking on to see if I will make it or seeing the fear in the other passengers eyes wondering if I will be sitting next to them. To not have this insulin pump Cpap attached to my body Andy hoping it will not blow the mood for romance
  9. Orangebananas
    Orangebananas
    Besides feeling generally better and more confident, I look forward to being a healthy weight to have children. Oh, also wearing cute clothes
  10. rhondap46
    rhondap46
    I've been giving this some thought since yesterday .... I'm looking forward to simple things that most people take for granted .... fitting into a chair with arms, being able to go to a sports event or concert where the seats are crammed together, riding a bicycle, riding a horse, and sitting in my garden tub without my legs crossed !!!
  11. Dair67
    Dair67
    Yes, yes, yes to all of the above! Well except the mens store judge....but same idea LOL I want to be able to get up off the floor, a sofa, a chair with out my knees hurting. Airplane seats, restaurant booths, concert seats. I wan't to go for a hot air balloon ride. My hubby and I went to Rio Secreto in Mexico and putting on the wet suit was INCREDIBLY HUMILIATING!!! They seriously need to have warnings for that one. I want to go back there and do that again comfortably!
  12. LisaNunu
    LisaNunu
    I want to be able to everything - hike and walk for for miles, ride a bike - not have the 2 year old grandchild out run me! I want to by something becuase it is pertty - not becuase it fits my big butt! Not worry if a chair will hold me up and not always be the loser in hide-n-seek! maybe even (gulp) wear shorts in public....I am so excited about starting a new life!
  13. mstill
    mstill
    I am looking forward to being able to buy a pair of Levi's again. I know that probably sounds really crazy but I love Levi's jeans. I have not been able to wear any in many years because they only go up to maybe a 24 and they are cut small. I am also looking forward to being able to fit on theme park rides again, wearing a seat belt comfortably, sitting in a chair with out being afraid of it breaking and most of all, playing with my precious boys. I am looking forward to being able to get down on the floor and wrestle with my babies and not feel the effects of it in my back, knees, hips, etc...
  14. kellyjdavis78
    kellyjdavis78
    I want to be able to share clothes with my kid. She is 13 and apparently really digs my style. She tries to wear my clothes now and looks ridiculous. She can fit into some of the smallest fat girl clothes I have but they are still huge on her. I just think it would be cool to be able to go shopping with her and say screw it, I am buying this ridiculously expensive peice of clothing because hey it works for both of us!!

Oh and I want to look good in my Silver Jeans in time for Rodeo season!

Kelly
  15. kellyjdavis78
    kellyjdavis78
    Oh, and I have this crazy desire to meet my collar bones...I want to see them!
  16. LisaNunu
    LisaNunu
    What's a collar bone? I don't think I have ever seen mine....
  17. believexrebecca
    believexrebecca
    Going to my senior prom! My niece or nephew will be born in May so I'm excited that I'll be able to take the baby places, I want to be able to paint my own toenails, to wear high boots, to wear skinny jeans, go to college, fit in an airplane seat, and so much more!!! And to be able to comfortably drive a car so I can finally get my license!
  18. zbrookster
    zbrookster
    I'm looking forward to never ever ever having to ask for a seat belt extender on the plane again!!! Or having to deal with the looks of the people that HAVE to sit next to you. Can't wait!
  19. fluffynomore
    fluffynomore
    I'm looking forward to getting under the 300 mark!!
  20. Malcrafts
    Malcrafts
    I want to wear a tank top and a skirt! Haven't worn either in years! I want to wear cute clothes and not shop in plus size stores...i cant tell you when i was able to shop in the regular size...maybe 25 yrs ago!
  21. nanie310
    nanie310
    I want to be active. The last few years have been really rough for me through one thing or another and it has made me not want to do anything. But I love to travel ( I went to Italy and walking through Venice was tough) but the plane rides suck even when you are sitting next to someone you know. I want to go horse back riding again without think what am I doing to that poor horse, I want to go zip lining in some tropical forest but, geez what's the weight limit on that? I'd love to go para sailing Florida is right down the road. Really I'd love to go back to all those people who judged me looking fabulous!! Is that wrong???
  22. jessie.g
    jessie.g
    I want to fit in a chair without my sides touching or ride in an airplane because I have been so afraid that the airline will charge me double because I am so big.
  23. Traci
    Traci
    Soooo many things I am looking forward to…I have put on a lot of weight in the last 6 months and even putting on/tying shoes has become an issues for me and I HATE that. But one thing I am really looking forward to is buying a bra that fits! I know that sounds a little silly but I cant tell you the last time I was able to wear a bra that fit properly. I’m very little chested and big around and apparently big women all have big boobs, bras aren’t even made in my size! Among other things, I cant wait to shop at normal stores, travel and enjoy it, and not have a total breakdown before doing things like sitting in a booth, or a chair I’m not sure will hold me, shopping, or being in large crowds all because my size keeps me from feeling comfortable in the simplest situations. And ultimately have the option to have children. Obviously getting healthy is my first priority but it sure does come with some perks!