Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

staying on track? October 21st was my date

1. Forestgalice
    Forestgalice
    Just wondering if any others are like me in speeding up my puree food to soft food weeks? still using shakes for protein, but so done with soup, yogurt pudding etc. I feel okay, eating slowly, takes a long time to finish what used to take me a few minutes to polish off, this is certainly a journey of learning how..............
  2. SeaShell
    SeaShell
    I was sleeved on October 19th and like you have accelerated the schedule a bit. I can tell when I've been too optimistic! I haven't gone off the deep end...still drinking a lot of shakes and adding protien to applesauce and soups, but trying other things such as tuna and cheese sticks and such. Be careful not to over do it. ..we are still healing. ..but yes in answer to your question.
  3. leehee
    leehee
    Yup, me too! I was sleeved 10/28 and started my mushies on day 14. I too can tell in a bite or two if something was a mistake. Also still supplementing with protein just to be safe, but so far so good!
  4. Alisha M
    Alisha M
    I agree. So sick of soup. I was sleeved 10/23 and have started on soft food (mainly chili and crackers). I haven't had a problem but I have a trouble doing the protein shakes. Pretty much gag on them. Will have to look at other avenues to get my protein in.
  5. Snowymtnrn
    Snowymtnrn
    I have. Just trying things, softening them up as i can. The problem is nothing really tastes good, so i guess that's how it will be lol. I took my kids to cracker barrel and ate a chicken strip with gravy, about 1/2 of one. really soft and mushy. filled me up! lol
  6. Deb123
    Deb123
    Same as a of you, was sleeved Oct. 16 and currently can eat small amounts of egg salad, tuna salad, baked beans, a few bites of Chinese noodles. Just aware of chewing a lot not drinking too soon before or after, chewing small bites ,etc. so far so good. Down about 12 pounds.
  7. JeanethReinoso
    JeanethReinoso
    I was sleeved the 21st also and am still doing protein drinks (making my own) and trying out soft things! tuna does not agree with me neither does tilapia the only fish I was really able to get down was salmon! I am afraid to try anything else I did have some chilli from wendys because of a friend of mine who had the gastric bypass swore by it and she has lost close to 200lbs she is under her goal waeight and actually trying to maintain or gain a little back but keeps losing! Besides the point, I try things and they hurt so bad that I cry and just want to never eat again! I have been able to eat whole grain popcorn for some reason with no problem and maybe a cracker! I do kick myself in the butt after eating them though thinking I am making the wrong choices and should only be drinking protein shakes, jello, water, and sf ice pops
  8. Chancelet
    Chancelet
    I had unknowingly started the purees before the set time, like a week after surgery. But when I saw the nurse, she said that as long as there were no bad reactions, it's fine. They realize that people react differently, and I think the set food phases are guidelines to follow. I had surgery on 10/29 and am doing more protein purees. A puree of black beans with hard boiled eggs and cream of mushroom soup is delicious.

By Thanksgiving, I should be good for ground and soft meats and veggies. I guess I'll see!