Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Family not understanding

1. Gigi9763
    Gigi9763
    I'm so unhappy and confused. I have been on every diet there is and I can drop 20 or even 25 pounds. Soon as I come off the diet the weight creeps back and then some. I have decided to become sleeved. My husband is so upset with me over this that we have not spoken in days. My grown daughter is on her father's side. I need and want their approval before I make the journey to Mexico in February. Either way I'm having this surgery; I need to do this for me.
  2. hope4me
    hope4me
    You are so right it is for you. It would be better if they did understand and support you. To me I have concluded that the sleeve is just what it is. (A Tool) if they could just be open minded about it. They will see that you can benifit from getting it. You will be that same person they love just less of you. and they will also get to see a more happier you as well as healthier. I didn't tell anyone . My hubby knew and two of my kids , one didn't agree with me. But like you even if I didn't have any support at all I had made up my mind that this was what I wanted to do. I'm now about to be going into my 11th month. I have no regrets. All is well and I believe the sleeve has done what it was suppose to do for me. It's all on me now. so I hope that you will at lease get hubby on aboard before Feb. If not then I'm sure you will do what is best for you. Remember we are here for you.
  3. fluffynomore
    fluffynomore
    Are they upset with you having surgery, or the out of the country process to have it?
  4. evelynine
    evelynine
    I understand but at the same time your health is your main focuses. your child will learn to except it its more serious when your partner doesn't some men will leave if the body they want don't match the women then some may become insecure .. many ppl personality change maybe they think u will as well. its a life style change but getting sleeved is your life. but I rather surgeries done in the states good luck.. but I told my man if he wanna leave if I lose all my weight he know where the door is I will find another man
  5. steaph214
    steaph214
    Im sorry to hear that your family is reacting like this. Reassure your husband that you will still be the same person, just healthier. Where are you having surgery? I am going in February as well.