Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Choose to Choose

1. Graciegurl
    Graciegurl
    "When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." Tao TeChing

To this I say, "when I let go of who I am in relationship with food, I will become what I choose to be."

How we choose our words when we are thinking about ourselves is just as important as what we choose to eat. We choose, for so many, many different reasons, our relationship with food in the past. Our choices were not always healthy and the same goes with our self thoughts. Just as important as it is that we learn to create a new relationship with food we also must create new tapes of our minds! We have the power and we have choice!

Be happy and be well!
  2. Mccourtl
    Mccourtl
    Amen GracieGurl! It's so easy to slip back into the negative self-talk. I'm really big on positive affirmation cards. Write down affirmations about yourself on index cards--give yourself credit for all of the things you've done right and read them at least twice a day (or more if you're feeling especially down). Nothing happens overnight, but eventually negative thoughts can be replaced affirming ones. Leslie
  3. Graciegurl
    Graciegurl
    Love your idea too McC!

I had a friend once who made lil inspiration quotes on slips of paper like the ones you find in the Chinese fortune cookies and filled a jar with them. Every day, for a while, I pulled one out and read the inspiration of the day. How great it would be to make our own with inspirations slips that inspire us and as well as our own self acknowledgements!