Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

We All Get Discouraged

1. Mccourtl
    Mccourtl
    Discouragement

"If you've invested enough effort and energy to get discouraged, you're well on your way to success. Discouragement is a certain weigh station on the road to any worthwhile achievement.
    If you know and care enough to be discouraged, you've made considerable progress. Learn what the discouragement has to teach you and then continue moving forward. It may seem as though you'll never make it, but in reality you're already there. Discouragement tempers and hardens you; it does not stop you.
    Reflect on your discouragement and you'll discover that it is a result of your commitment. You've already invested your time, your effort, your life. Soon, you'll reap the full reward of that investment. Let discouragement spur you on.
    Motivation is born of desire. The stronger the desire for something, the stronger the motivation.
    Endeaver to keep the promises we make to ourselves... We deserve to be treated with the same love and respect that we would give to others....." (By CW on bootcamp buddies)

I find comfort in this reflection. We've all been there, it's easy to feel great when things are going well--the inches are going down, the pounds are coming off. But there are times when it seems like we hit a brick wall and discouragement and doubt rear their ugly heads. Don't let a moment in time define success. And..don't go it alone--at one point or another we've all been there--we understand and are all routing for and encouraging each other through both the good and bad times. Re-group, reassess, push on and that dark time will be just another milestone to check off on your way to success.
  2. OAM
    OAM
    Great Post!
  3. Graciegurl
    Graciegurl
    Thank you Mccourti for posting! I can't tell you how many times I have allowed the set backs define the moment and I then allowed the moments to turn into minuets, days and weeks. All the old defeating tapes would start playing in my head again and before I knew it I had allowed, again, my negative, defeating thoughts to rule me. It is at these times that I truly believe is our opportunity to change these negative tapes into positive thoughts! Positive thoughts become positives actions! Yes, we are human and we will have set backs however now we can choose, and choice is action, how we will face the issues.

There is light even in the darkness and success is measured not by the number on the scale rather success is measured by our intentions in how we now relate to food. Creating new mind thoughts and replacing the old ones takes time, practice and perseverance. Understanding how we, in the past, allowed food to replace love, gratification, pleasure, happiness, rewards and even punishment must be understood! How can we move forward if we do not come to terms with our past? Doing the emotional work to heal our relationship with food will allow us to move forward. And there will be times that we become discouraged however it is these moments we can choose how we deal with the issues.

We are strong, we are courageous and we can over come!

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats." B. C. Forbes
  4. Slamer3
    Slamer3
    I love this post , thank you ! I really needed to read this "..