Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How is everyone doing who has been recently sleeved

1. Jbauti
    Jbauti
    I am 6 day post op, doing very well. I do get some stomach spasms when I drink my liquids but only lasts a few seconds and a little reflux. I did go back to the hospital 2 day ago for a 2hour infusion of a "banana bag" because upon discharge I was not getting enough liquids down because of my spasms. Spasms have lessen but incisions hurts. After saying all that I actually feel great!!! How about ya all?
  2. uniqdrgnfly
    I am one week post open & doing well. A little sore still around the incisions and able to take more fluids in...but still can't get the damn bitter antibiotic down. Gonna see PCO Thursday & get some liquid rx.

Hope everyone else is doing okay!!""
  3. Andrea8967
    Andrea8967
    I was sleeved on Jan 18th and I'm fine. Nothing bad to report. My incisions look great. I feel as though I have a lot more energy - probably because of the B12 and the vitamins. I'm caffeine free now, too. Don't even miss it. I'm very glad I did this
  4. vivien
    vivien
    Hi I was sleeved jan 21st, doing ok just on broth / fluids feel a little tired but other than than I'm ok x
  5. Big Doc
    Big Doc
    I was sleeved on January 14 in Tijuana. The first week was only a little difficult. I am still on a liquid only diet, but at this point am feeling very good. I was 293 on day of surgery and am now at 273. So far so good and I am starting to feel much better. I had sutures removed yesterday and the incision sites seem to be healing well at this point. I would have to say that this has been a great decision and am looking forward to future results.
  6. Fresh Start
    Fresh Start
    I had my sleeve on January 2nd. I have lost 26 pounds so far and am feeling so much better! I have more energy now and I am able to eat small amounts of 'regular' food. I still drink one to two protein drinks a day so that I make sure my protein intake is adequate. I have had to buy a small pair of jeans, but am keeping it at one pair for now because I know it won't be long before I have to get a smaller pair! This was absolutely the right decision for me!
  7. CharlieZee
    CharlieZee
    I am feeling fabulous. I had my sleeve done on Jan. 20th. I am having zero problems. I am back to work and feeling great. I have been on the liquid diet, protein drinks, SF jello and SF popsicles. Today I had some low-fat-low sodium tomato soup. I couldn't eat much but it went down easily with no problems. I have not weighed in as of yet. I am going to weigh in at the 2 week mark. My incisions are healing nicely. I keep ointment on them to keep them moist but exposed to the air through my clothes. I think all but one will be heeled by the two week mark. I feel great and look forward to the journey ahead of me. I am glad to be able to share my journey and read about others.
  8. tobeskinny
    tobeskinny
    I had mine on Jan 4th....so just getting to the one month mark.
    I am still eating mushy foods, buty really working on the chicken for the protein. IN the mornings having a protein shake with 1/2 banana, then snack of cottage cheese, some soup or chicken with mashed potato for lunch, then some FF/SF pudding, then dinner chicken and mashed potato (its made with Soy milk so less calories and some add protein) then another pudding before bed....so 6 meals a day. I am completely off caffeine, and really didn't notice! I have no desire to have coffee......
    I am starting to feel like additional food, but I am still getting the feeling of the food going down, so I am sure not quite ready for real food yet.
    To date I have lost 14 pounds, slow, but at least it is down. I have started walking with some slow jogging included....
  9. Symplee37
    Symplee37
    I'm 7 days post op and still going thru the motions. I have mild pain still, alot of gas and I'm experiencing discomfort to pain when drinking. At this point it's starting to affect my intake, which has decreased significantly yesterday. I will be going to see my surgeon today because of my complications, Praying that I'm not readmitted and that they can finally explain to me whats going on inside. To many questions on whether its gas, reflux, normal or mystery? Idk either but becoming dehydrated is dangerous grounds I really don't want to walk on but, the pain is very noticeable. Thinking "this too shall pass"
  10. deesleeve
    deesleeve
    I am 13 days post op today and fortunately have had no problems other than I am so sick of the liquid diet!! I can go to soft foods tomorrow!!! Cant wait for egg whites in the am!!!!!!!!
    I do have some pain if I drink a large sip of anything and it is right in the middle of my chest..does anyone else experience that?? I am done a total of 24 since I started my preop diet.... But I am actually feeling hungry.. is anyone else? Will this pass??? I dont want to feel hungry
  11. cwalker2473
    cwalker2473
    hello , Im 12 days post sleeved and no major issues ive lost a total of 15 pounds was hoping for more but in time it will come.. inb response to the chest pain on semi solid foods ..yes i have had that several times and it hurts like heck when you cant get it to stop ..i found that walking and slow breathing usually helps ..and what ever caused that pain stay away fromn until you see the doctor..i am so goingto ask that question at my first pre-op appointment..Feeling good and energized just have to get more protein in and liquids are fine just walking daily and hoping to be 50 pounds down by june...
  12. yanira42
    yanira42
    Hello, how far were you able to walk your first time after surgery?