Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

New to group

1. Slamer3
    Slamer3
    Just wanted to say Hi everyone ! Just found this site last week and already addicted to the wonderful support it has to offer. My name is Adrienne and I had my sleeve surgery on the 22 of July . I'm 45 and starting my new chapter in my life. I have been obese since I was a child and tried everything under the sun to lose weight. 2 years ago I decided to start my journey into sleeve surgery. Finally after many hoops with insurance and dr testing coming back abnormal I made it happen. I have so any weight related issues that I knew I had to do this for my health!
  2. ShannaBanana
    ShannaBanana
    Welcome
  3. bernielw
    bernielw
    Congrats, hope it works for you!!
  4. Mimibren
    Mimibren
    Good for you! Good luck!
  5. Island Girl
    Island Girl
    Welcome and congratulation on choosing a new life path.
  6. shorter190
    shorter190
    Welcome and good luck!! Stay prayerful and stay focused!
  7. NicciT
    NicciT
    Welcome.I'm 49 and was sleeved 6/8
  8. Rose69
    Rose69
    Welcome Adrienne, I'm 44 years old and had my surgery almost 11 months ago (it'll be 11 months on Aug. 26) I started out at 260lbs. today I am at 128 and loving life. I was a fat kid but lost all my weight by the age of 13. I was skinny during most of my adult life, only gaining weight, a lot of weight 11 years ago after my third child. Now I am happy to say that the Rose that I know and love is back thanks to this new tool called the sleeve. I never thought I would be able to lose the weight, but I did!
    Getting the sleeve was the best decision I have ever made,it gave me my life back. I never thought I would ever be this happy. Now I'm not going to sit here and tell you it was easy, it wasn't. It was very hard, especially the first 6 weeks. After that it got a little easier every day, I started working out getting used to my new way of life. Now I feel like I've mastered it.I know to stay at my goal weight I have to eat healthy, High protien, low fat and low carbs. (I'm a carb adict so no eating carbs was very hard for me at first but I have to chose, Do I wanna be skinny or do I wanna eat and be fat? SKINNY won!) and I have to work out at least 5 times a day.
    If you've had the gastric sleeve, you're on your way to a new life. If you are considering the surgery, go for it, you owe it to yourself!

Best Wishes,
    Rose
  9. jessie.g
    jessie.g
    Howdy, well I just turned 44 last Friday. I started this journey at 336 lbs. and had the surgery 9-12-13..I am now 293 and feeling better. I had a real problem with ...well, urinating. I know ..ugh!!! I think I was dehydrated, I would "pee" maybe three times a day and it was only a little bit. I started trying to drink more, I mean really making myself drink and things have gotten better, plus I started losing weight again.