Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Akron area?

1. amberj
    amberj
    Has anybody seen Dr. Chlysta or are planning on it?
  2. Jodi5898
    Jodi5898
    I have surgery scheduled 12-12-12 with Dr Chlysta :-)
  3. j.cross3711
    j.cross3711
    Not certain if you've had your surgery, but I'm from Akron also. I was sleeved on Dec 5th 2012.
  4. ladybugplus
    ladybugplus
    Actually I am researching surgeons in this field and I find that he is definitely a FACS & ASMBS approoved! I guess Bariatric Surgeons can and have lied and its best to check out by going to sites to search. Call toll free its easier to get facts about your prospective Dr that way then a search on the site. You most certainly can verify this information.
    American College of Surgeons
    And:
    American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery*|*

Why? I guess they do lie about those affiliations and the truthful way to find out is not to call their office but the affliation itself
    I require from my doctor:

1) FACS affiliation
    2) ASMBS affiliation
    3) A minimum of 500 (name your surgery type) procedures
    4) A hospital instead of an outpatient surgical center
    5) An office staff I can deal with and tolerate

I got this info from a gal who knows her stuff Here is her blog
    WASaBubbleButt Lost Weight

So gals please since I am in the research stage please fill me in on your experience with Dr Walter J. Chlysta MD and his program?
    I was really going to go to Summa’s Bariatric Care Center in Akron and having Dr Dan Adrian perform the surgery but I am having second thots. The patient reviews said the Bariatric team was prompt to get back with you but I had to call back the Center after waiting 1 day for them to call me back. And I did not find this Dr in the FACS database or the ASMBS I did find Dr Chlysta there though. Also I find the pre-op diet for Summa's Bariactric center is OPTI-Fast which I have had and I just cannot stomach that.
    Hopefully Dr Chlysta has a better pre-op diet alternative. I do believe its important to be on liquid diet before surgery to shrink the fatty liver that most obese patients have so the dr can get better navigation to do the surgery. It is for our good too!

J.cross Did you have Dr Chlysta too for your surgery?
    Jodie Can you share how everything went with your surgery?
    Amber have you had yours yet? Just please share your thots gals & guys
  5. teacher73
    teacher73
    Hello. I'm scheduled for a sleeve with Dr.Chlysta in May. Just finished all pretesting/insurance approval. Now I just wait for my date. Am I right that it'll be liquids for 2 weeks and then soft foods for. ...? Any advice you wish you had prior to surgery?
  6. Jodi5898
    Jodi5898
    Full liquids for 2 weeks post op and then soft foods.. Scrambled eggs, cottage cheese and such...
  7. jtayse
    jtayse
    I am having the sleeve done in June by Dr. Chlysta. I meet with him in two weeks to set the date!
  8. Watch out world
    Watch out world
    I'm scheduled with Dr Chlysta on December 2. He is great and his team is the best.