Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Tomorrow!

1. kstarnes77
    kstarnes77
    So nervous!!!! I've read a few posts about the first week of pain, largely in part to the gas, is there any way to really mentally prepare for the surgery? Good luck to you all and I hope those that have had their surgeries ahead of me this month have been recovering right on track!
  2. maxi's mom
    maxi's mom
    I mentally prepared by just not expecting anything - re: pain. I learned after the procedure to not be shy about asking for the pain meds every time they said I could have them (morphine every 2 hours). Never took any pain meds after the 2nd day! But the Pepcid is a must!!
    Good luck!!
  3. paradoxgal
    paradoxgal
    I just had mine thursday and although I felt so pain, they managed it very, very well. Stayed on top of the pain and I just felt sore. Soreness isn't exactly miserable, right. Its not fun to be jostled but Zi'm babying myself and all the pain has been minimal. You are soooo out of it when you first wake up - its hard to even remember. The gas pain wasn't bad for me. When I felt indigestion gas pain I got up and walked around my room, or the hall. Gasx strips worked great. Learn to burp softly and never, ever trust a fart!
  4. bikrchk
    bikrchk
    Tomorrow I'll be 2 weeks out. It went VERY well. I was pretty out of it until about 8:00pm when they roused me to take a lap. It was uncomfortable getting in and out of bed the first few days, but seriously not as bad as I thought! I tried the oral hydrocodone they kept trying to give me, but it came right back up, so I basically didn't get any narcotics. The 2 times I barfed was way worse than the little bit of discomfort I had anyway. The more I walked, the better I felt. They discharged me the next day. The only thing I really took for pain was Tylenol Jr's (3 at a time which is only like one reg Tylenol), and only took those for about a week. I was prepared with gas-Ex strips which I took a couple of times, but the gas wasn't that bad either. All food I tried stayed down with no issues, cream of rice, soups, grits and protein shakes. Started purees and that's going splendidly as well. Here's hoping you have an "easy" time as well! Good luck!
  5. Markiv
    Markiv
    Had mine last Thursday still very sore but doing ok. Struggled to keep soluble pain relief down but managing ok without.
  6. paradoxgal
    paradoxgal
    Update us when you can - hope all is going well!