Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

6 days post op

1. EmiliaIvey
    EmiliaIvey
    And I'm a bit frustrated. I still feel so sore and I can't help but blame this clear liquid diet. I have no energy at all. I got winded taking a shower. I'm ready to feel a little normal!!! I guess I need to see a light at the end of this narrow tunnel.
  2. mslwallace
    mslwallace
    I'm 8 days out, still sore, and tired. I started protein a couple of days ago and I'm dabbling in clear and full liquids. My protein is clear. Remember that you had major surgery less than a week ago. Give yourself time to recover. Stay strong!!
  3. BookWorm
    BookWorm
    Right there with you both. Did great first week, got all my liquid in but struggling with protein and horrible heartburn.
  4. Melmurray
    Melmurray
    I had surgery on Oct 1st felt exactly like u but now feel great. Once I was able to get protein in I was much stronger.
  5. julrs13
    julrs13
    I think we all want to be that person who feels like going shopping the next day. I think that is unrealistic. When you think about it this is a big deal and with little or no real nutrition no one would feel good. Time goes so quickly we will all forget the bad times. Hope you are feeling better today. I have my surgery in the morning.
  6. tinoch
    tinoch
    I used to avoid fat free/artificially sweetened/salty foods like the plaque so I had a horrible time with the pre-op diet. Day 6 I woke up nauseous and I blame it on the fake jello I had the night before. I had a horrible time in the hospital trying to choke down their full liquids diet. Two days after my discharge, my BF who had lap-bad 3 years ago and has her BSN came with her vitamix. She vitamixed an Amy's black bean/ veggie soup and it was the best thing I have ever tasted. She vitamixed a butternut squash and added non-fat coconut milk which I also ate daily. I can simply not imagine how all of that fake food they wanted me to eat was better than what my BF did for me. I think I recovered quickly after I started eating real food. Well, real pulverized food. I am not advocating cheating on your post-op diet by any means, but I did doctor mine up a bit.

I am currently on day 3 of my mashed foods diet and couldn't be happier. Now I just need to up my water intake.

Good Luck!
  7. dilbugsmom
    dilbugsmom
    I am also 6 days out and I feel fine, I just am worried that I am going to stretch out my new sleeve with all the liquids. I don't know how it feels to be full, is that normal? will I know if I feel full?

Carrie
  8. Forestgalice
    Forestgalice
    all the above threads are like I;m feeling. I can't wait to be on the real food part of this diet
  9. Cajungirl
    Cajungirl
    I finally started some soup with alittle chicken in it and I filled up really quick. I'm glad because I was beginning to think did they really sleeve me or not because the liquids I really could not tell.