Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

A loose skin question for the men (and ladies)...

1. Saints_Fan
    Saints_Fan
    Did you guys have any trouble with loose skin? I know everyone’s experience and body types are different; however I wanted to get feedback from the perspective of African American men. What if any where your problem areas and were you able to get rid of it? I can potentially see my “love handles” and maybe my underarm-back area as being a problem. I haven’t had my surgery yet. I’m hoping it will take place sometime in November or December; I still have a couple more insurance hoops to jump through. But if there’s anything you can suggest I do now to reduce or eliminate the possibility loose skin, I would love to hear it.
  2. Pkay
    Pkay
    Squirrel wings under the arms seem to be a common occurrence. Lol! I'm lifting weights everyday to fight it off. But I felt the shaky wiggles under my arms the other day and wanted to cry. But given the alternative I am still grateful.
  3. KayCeeBee
    KayCeeBee
    Good Afternoon,

I took am look to have my surgery in December and spoke with my physician today about that very same question, excess skin and plastic surgery (which is what I don't want to happen to me).

He informed me that I can do some exercises now to help strengthen and tighten up my muscles which only help me once I have my surgery and after to help aid in becoming the "New You".

Hope this helps. Be encouraged.

Kay.
  4. Maurice.Hull
    Maurice.Hull
    Protein, Protein, Protein is the biggest thing even though its hard to get in that along with weights is the major thing to keep the flab away at some points you cant control it. Like for me now I started losing so rapidly that it became hard for me to control the flab now I am working on getting rid of it but Protien intake is very important especially for MEN so you will not loose your muscle mass.
  5. fluffynomore
    fluffynomore
    my dr still has me on a protein only diet and I lift weights/strength train.