Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

weigh in day on 10-16-13

1. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    I had my 4 month weigh in with my surgeon today and it turns out ive lost 8 lbs in a month and all together ive lost a total of 11 lbs since july of this yr and im 9 lbs away from my 20 lb goal my dr wanted me to lose before surgery. Now all is left is for me to have my pulmonary function test, labs . Plus my psych eval is next month. I have asthma and I loathe these pft tests with a passion but I know its necessary. I found out my surgery will be in jan of 2014. What a way to start the new year!!!
  2. luvthoztitans
    luvthoztitans
    I'm aiming for the same date for my surgery...sometime in January. I also have my psych eval next month. But I haven't been given any kind of diet to follow by my doctor. The only diet I've heard of is the pre-op diet that you do for two weeks before the surgery. I'm hoping that I didn't miss something and I'm not supposed to be doing something different. What have you changed to lose the weight? Im having a hard time even thinking of only having liquids for two weeks prior. Im not so worried about after because I don't think I'll be wanting to eat much at all in the beginning, but now I feel fine and I am so worried I won't be able to do it!
  3. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    since im normally not a breakfast eater. My nutritionist wanted me to have a protein meal replacement shake at breakfast so at least ill have something. Im making gradual changes since im not a fruit or veggie person anyway. The program im going through has a nutririonst that you meet at that will tell you what plan you should be following to lose the weight prior to surgery.