Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Jealousy???

1. bluiz77
    bluiz77
    So my supposedly best friend has stopped talking to me! I knew when I told her I was having surgery she was not for it and kept trying to talk me out of it. I know she is against me having it so I never talked about it in our conversations (funny thing is she wanted me to help her fill out the papers so she could get it, WTF?) The last conversation we had I did mention the fact that I hit my weightloss goal so I could now schedule surgery and that was the last I heard from her. A little back round on this after I had my twins 9 years ago I lost 80 pounds and she would say I was starving myself, I lost my ass, I was prettier when I was heavier, I worked out to much it was crazy. When we became friends she was smaller than me and now she is way bigger than me and has been for the last 9 years. It is amazing to me that people that are suppose to care about you do not want to see you be happy I think it is a shame! Sorry I had to get this off my chest!!!! Anyone have an experience like this?
  2. Dixie
    Dixie
    She's probably afraid she will lose your friendship when you get skinny. Why is she not choosing surgery? Hopefully she'll deal with her emotions and come around. You just keep moving forward and don't anyone make you feel bad because of your decision! You'll do great!
  3. bluiz77
    bluiz77
    Thank you Dixie, I was talking to two of my friends that have had weightloss surgeries and both of them said "get used to it you will find out who your real friends are" I guess it's way more common than I thought!
  4. 1happyloser2b
    1happyloser2b
    It definitely sounds like she is jealous. It is sad when you see your so called friends can't handle now you will be the center of attention again! Honey you go on and "shine bright like a diamond" without her!
  5. aasmith
    aasmith
    simply stated, she is not ur true friend.
    a true friend will bring u to the hospital & bring u jello.
    pray that god heals her heart & keep on keeping on!
  6. mrsomaha
    mrsomaha
    My sister-in-law is supportive but worried, we are more like best friends than in-laws. I told her I didn't want anyone else in the family to know what I did until after so she called me and said she told her boss cuz she had to tell someone cuz she's so worried about me going to Mexico for surgery - LOL. She'll be at the airport to pick me up. she's a lot more overweight than I am but she says she's just not ready and is going to see how I do. She said she's just not ready to give up her food yet. So I'll just be there for her when the time comes. I hope your friend comes to her senses and supports you. I like waht AAsmith said, that's cute.
  7. caligirl3
    caligirl3
    I originally didn't want to tell my good friend, but I did because it's part of who I am. I believe everyone has concerns, after all, it's drastic surgery, and isn't without risk. I believe that we change, and that could have an effect on our relationships, but open communication goes a long way. We have no way of knowing what's in other people's heads, and really that isn't any of our business. If something is bothering you, open up and talk about it. It's important to keep our relationships real and be understanding of each other. Laying blame to either party isn't helping anyone, and we may lose a valuable friendship in the process. <3