Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

October 4 is my day and started pre-op today.

1. BookWorm
    BookWorm
    Yikes, day 1 of pre-op and I'm already struggling. Mind over matter, right?
  2. sarjickles
    sarjickles
    Absolutely! Good luck to you. I have my appt with my surgeon tomorrow and I'm hoping to start my pre-op diet next week so we'll be in the same boat together!
    This is going to be totally worth it!
    Sarah
  3. BookWorm
    BookWorm
    Thanks so much! Struggling w/ the pre-op. It is amazing how much of this is a head game. I know I'm not hungry but my heads telling me to eat because I couldn't possibly be getting enough.
  4. sarjickles
    sarjickles
    I'm hoping I can either distract my head, or convince my head that this is all part of the process and once the surgery is over the real mental and physical healing can begin!
    If you have thought of any tricks to distract yourself when your head is screaming it's hungry, feel free to throw them my way!
  5. Suega
    Suega
    I am on day 5 and it is has gotten a little easier. I try to change it up with the protein shakes/ drinks and then chewing gum helps. We can both do this!!!!
  6. BookWorm
    BookWorm
    Ok, I'm on day 8 and I'm down 11 pounds and it has gotten much easier. I have a new wrench in my plans; however, I'm in govt and if Congress doesn't pass a budget or continuing resolution I will not report to work on Monday which means NO PAY. I won't be able to afford the surgery and after everything I've done thus far I would have to cancel my surgery scheduled for next Friday. Here's hoping these Yahoo's in congress do their job!
  7. Beachmamaof4
    Beachmamaof4
    Hi bookworm, I too, am on Oct. 4th. Arrive at hospital at 5am this all liquid diet is getting slightly better. I don't want to strangle quite as many people