Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Just diagnosed

1. nana banana
    nana banana
    Working on my requirements for surgery & blood work showed an issue. Repeated the blood work the following month which confirmed the issue. Wondering how long this has been an issue & what the impact will be on surgery & results. I'm not worried about my levels being within normal levels as surgery won't be scheduled until later this year. Through this process I've learned that I have sleep apnea & insufficient Vitamin D levels. Looking forward to feeling fantastic!
  2. JtotheLo
    JtotheLo
    FYI just want to share information with you. I was diagnosed 10 years ago and I just learned how important it is to take your meds first thing in the morning on an empty stomach with a full glass of water. It is also important not to eat anything for an hour so the meds absorb. I hope this helps.
  3. nana banana
    nana banana
    Thanks for the helpful info.
  4. ThisIs4Me
    ThisIs4Me
    I had my thyroid removed and I am on levothyroxine 200mcg 1xday. I take it in the morn b4 my feet even hit the floor, u need to give it at least a 1/2 hr b4 u eat or drink anything, then I get a shower. By the time I get dried off n dressed at least a half hr went by and I know I can have a drink or eat, or whatever. Good luck 2 u!
  5. Ladyinwaiting
    Ladyinwaiting
    I too do the same thing. Water and pill, shower, then dress. Usually by then, I am good to have my morning protein.
    I take 50mcg daily.
  6. nana banana
    nana banana
    Thanks for the responses. I'm taking my meds @ 0530. It is difficult not drinking coffee when I get up. I'll have to shake up my morning routine. Won't be an issue, once I'm sleeved.