1. Katiepot2
    Katiepot2
    So far do good bs 88-136, if over 180, use sliding scale, not hungry alot
  2. Jbauti
    Jbauti
    Great!!!!
  3. Heather Honey
    Heather Honey
    Much improved. In Australia we have a different measuring system for BGL it seems, so will point out firstly that for us, the normal range is in between 4.5 and 5.5. This time last year my morning BGLs were in the 15s-17s range, and just prior to surgery had managed to get them down to 8s-10s. However now I am regularly in the 6s, with 7s being a bad morning. During the day I regularly get into the 5s and sometimes the 4s. I have been diagnosed with Diabetic/Glucose intolerant issues, etc since 2004, so have been monitor in myself since this time and had NEVER seen my readings as low as 4s.
    Prior to surgery I was taking 1 Diamicron twice daily, and 2 Diabex twice daily. I knocked off the Diamicron immediately after surgery and am working on reducing/cutting out the Diabex as well. As for the rest of my medications, I was able to knock off the fluid tablets, and have halved the dosage of my blood pressure and reflux medications.
  4. Heather Honey
    Heather Honey
    Ran out of room in the last post....Almost forgot to mention that last year I started seeing an endocrinologist, and he has been busting to put me on insulin. He hasn't seen me since the surgery, but I'm due to go on 10th February, so intend suggesting where he might like to put his insulin now!