Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

pre existing condtions.....

1. StacyD
    StacyD
    Hello everyone. Are there certain pre existing conditions that would cause someone not to be able to have the sleeve surgery?
    I have slight issues with my thyroid. I take levothyroxine and it seems to work ok. I have yet to go the cardiologist but am a wreck thinking about all the what if's.........I'm anxious and beyond!!!!!!!!!
  2. Ras2122
    Ras2122
    IiI wouldn't stress. I also have a thyroid problem and that did not effect anything. My EKG was abnomal and I had to see a cardiologist also. I had my surgery 13 days ago and I am doing great. Stressing about things will only make it worse.
  3. StacyD
    StacyD
    Ras you made my day thank you.
  4. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    I have cardiac issues and thyroid issues and im on levothyroxine as well. I originally went for gastric bypass till my cardiologist advised me otherwise since ive had 2 heart attacks, open heart surgery and have congestive heart failure and im only 38 yrs old . My cardiologist recommended the band but I knew people had problems with it so I spoke with my surgeon and he recommended the sleeve. My EKG and Echo was ok and my Rate which the heart pumps blood in the body is now in normal range. So I wouldn't stress too much about the thyroid issue. Of course levothyroxine to get the right dose is trial and error anyway. I used to be a pharmacy tech in a heart hospital so I would see this a lot