Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

sleeve vs bypass??

1. kimmie617
    kimmie617
    i now know the difference between the sleeve and the bypass.the sleeve the weight loss is very,very slow.the bypass its a lot faster.Im 3 weeks out and i have lost 26lbs and i am at a stall.i just feel like i should be loosing more.and its not even noticeable.
  2. fateggplant
    fateggplant
    You are doing fine....it only been 3 weeks and your body has to adjust. My question to you is what exercises are you doing??? Because sitting on ur butt isn't going to make you lose weight with the sleeve...I'm sure everyone told you this is NOT a quick fix...you gotta put effort into. Are you taking your supplements? Watching your calorie intake and eating the correct foods?....
  3. seerphyllis2
    seerphyllis2
    The scale can be VERY deceptive!!!! I was at a stall according to the scale yet dropped two pants sizes!!! you will lose inches before the weight. but diet and Exercise is Soooo important you must make that apart of your Lifestyle. We all go through stalls but don't give up!!!!!!
  4. DETERMINED1
    DETERMINED1
    Please tell me what other method or mode of weight loss there is where you can lose 26 pounds in three weeks!! Give your body a chance. You are not at a stall - your body is adjusting to the shock of losing that weight so rapidly. While I was in my steady losing phase - I had the nerve to freak out because it seemed as if the skin on my neck, face and arms was very wrinkly and loose. Then, about six weeks later everything looked nice and firm. I had to think about it - my skin had to catch up with my rapid weight loss. In regard to the sleeve vs. bypass, the weight loss may be slower but bypass patients have to endure a lot of problems i.e., malabsorption, vitamin deficiencies, dumping, etc. - that's something that us sleeve patients don't have to endure and we still lose the weight.
  5. Michellemo
    Michellemo
    Sleeve weight loss is very slow? I can tell you that's not the case with me! I've lost 160 lbs in just under a year. My issue is now figuring how how to stop losing and just maintain.
  6. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    Remember that your an AA going through this surgery as per the medical world we do not lose as effectively as other races.Do not be discouraged by slow results. I feel in the long run it is better. Because we tend to lose everything that had us feeling low key depressed for some the first six months and after a year it is a rap most of us are very content depending on how much we need to lose. I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO LOOK AT THE 6MONTH goal not the monthly or even weekly. Track inches more than pounds. Read the forum you will notice across all forums the majority of AA's at 6m feel better despite what the scale says and they look great too. This is what I think you do your research and get back to me.

Sleeve vs. Bypass
    I will always say sleeve and Bypass if you really need it. The sleeve is not a DRASTIC measure as far as lifetime supplements, due to the bodies inability to absorb key vitamins due to the re-routing of the intestine. The Bypass is reversible but I don't plan on needing anything reversed. You can get dumping syndrome with bypass. I just feel you do what is right for you and despite the weight loss how it is coming off if your comparing it to others it is best to compare with other AA's. Because other races lose faster than we do because they have more fat on their bodies than we do. So do not get discouraged that because your body is holding on to less fat that your moving slower IN REALITY THEY ARE TRYING TO GET TO WHERE YOU ARE with more muscle over fat.