Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery Stats

1. staphaknee
    staphaknee
    Hello November Sleevers!!

I was just curious when you were sleeved, your starting weight and how much you have lost so far?

I just want to compare where everyone else is.

I think I am doing pretty well. My surgery date was Nov 10 and since surgery I have lost 33lbs. I started at 340 lost 20 before surgery and was 320 day of and currently at 287ish.

Looking forward to seeing how far everyone has come in the beginning of their new life!
  2. gabrielle48
    gabrielle48
    I had my sleeve on 11/12/12 and i will be 7 weeks post op tomorrow. I have lost a total of 46 lbs so far. The 6 week mark i got the ok to resume weight training and basketball. This was my first week of full activity and its great. Try to incorporate more exercise and i know some say they don't have time. Make it it will make you feel better and you will lose more.
  3. Nomomofosho
    Nomomofosho
    My surgery date was 11/13/12.
    Start weight, 267
    Current weight, 225
    Loss of 42lbs
    Feeling good... But still not eating a lot of food.
    2 protein shakes a day, and 1 protein bar
    then anything else I can manage with protein.
    I'm not find of ANY flavors anymore which
    is messing with me emotionally. But just gonna
    keep giving it some time ;-)
  4. journee2me
    journee2me
    I had mine nov 9 and was 346 last weigh in 322 dnt know wat I am now have not been weighed but before surgey I was 389... I workout 7 days a q
    week...for.anywhere between 30 min to an hour...
  5. Moxie
    Moxie
    Surgery date 11-16-12 starting weight 245 now 209.. Having a tough time eating, lots of indigestion.. But still happy with my 36 pound loss! But I need to start exercising more,just very tired..
  6. JenniferP
    JenniferP
    My surgery was nov 14th wt 287 now 251. I try to walk everyday for at least 30 min. About to join gym to get more variety
  7. bergamini
    bergamini
    Surgery date 11/30 and weight was 291, weigh-in on 12/28 was 259 for a loss of 32# in 28 days.
  8. LynnTaylor
    LynnTaylor
    Hi, was operated on november 20th and lost 30 pounds but I am at a stall and everuone tells me it is normal. You can go see my before and after pictures. It shows a bit !
  9. Aunt_Sukki
    Aunt_Sukki
    Nov 14th surgery date. Lost almost 30 pounds right off the bat, but have been stalled at 204 for almost 6 weeks. Frustrating!
  10. Moxie
    Moxie
    The stall is very frustrating! I have had it too.. I just keep telling myself it would of taken a lot longer then 6 weeks to lose 36 pounds..my hubby has lost 65 pounds in 8 weeks! Men all seem to lose a lot faster..
  11. Sleeveme2012
    Sleeveme2012
    My surgery date was 11/15. Pre surgery weight was 297. I am just over 6 weeks post op. Weigh in today is 265.1. So 33 lbs lost. I had a two week stall where the scale did not move at all. I am still struggling to get in my protein and water. I am hitting the gym for 45 minutes to 1 1/4 hours 5 days a week. Need to get more variety in, because I mostly sit and do the bike. Starting to feel good. Still need a nap most days. Back to work full time starting tomorrow.
  12. Deanna13
    Deanna13
    My surgery date was 11/6 I have lost a total of 38lbs including a two week stall.
  13. ascnbe
    ascnbe
    I had mine 11/28 and have lost 30 lbs. My scale displays my weight, % of fat and water %. Prior to surgery the water was usually less than 3, since surgery it averages 18-21. Not entirely sure why that is, but I assume it is inflammatory processes of healing causing me to retain water. I go more by clothes than weight. My pants were tight in Oct and they just about fall off now. That is progress for me. Gabrielle48, thanks for the info on getting back in the gym. I am dying to start lifting again. I am at 5 weeks, I see my PCP in a couple weeks and should be able to get cleared then. I always feel better when I can do a good work out.
  14. tcbtom
    tcbtom
    My surgery was 11/6 and was 330 the day of. I am at 287 now and have been for five weeks for a total loss of 43lbs. I just joined a gym so i hope I can get it moving again. I went from 3x to 2x shirt size and had to start wearing a belt to hold up my pants. I had several belts in the closet I haven't worn in years but now they fit (I knew they would someday).
  15. staphaknee
    staphaknee
    Thanks for letting ne knoe where you are all at. We all see to be progressing well! We all seem to be at aroiund the same numbers. The stalls suck. I am eating everything. Nothing jas made me sick or anything. Some days i do great with drinking all my water and protein and other days are bad!! I hope once my vacation is over ill get back to walking daily.. the holidays just had me busy and not eating right! So im ready for the new year and new me to continue progressing! I cant wait to see whrre i am in 6 more weeks keep up the good work.

I am part of a facebook support group called WLS 4 LIFE just search that on facebook and feel free to join for support and encouragrment!
  16. smith0679
    smith0679
    My surgery was November 19 and I was 347 and now I am 274!!! I have been walking a lot!
  17. kerbing
    kerbing
    My surgery was 11/28....I am 5 1/2 weeks post op and have lost 27 pounds. It seems like its going slow....but that's okay....its a healthier way to do it I hear. In case you didn't know about it folks, there is a great website called myfitnesspal.com where you can track your food and exercise. It has a huge database of foods. It really has helped me keep track of my protein and calories....you ought to check it out! Happy New Year!
  18. wpage
    wpage
    My surgery was on 11/19, I weighed 255 and am now at 224. I feel like everyday I am learning more and more about my new tiny tummy and how to treat it, learning what it likes and what it doesn't. I really need to start working out, and I intend to this week, at least walking on the treadmill for 30 min everyday if nothing else. I have been very active with the holidays and am getting between 5-7K steps a day. I also need to start keeping a food log so that I can see how many calories I am really taking in...baby steps.
  19. kerbing
    kerbing
    I wanted to add that lately its been too easy to eat too much.... my weight loss sure seems to be a lot slower than some of you. Well, it has not helped at all having all of these Christmas goodies on the kitchen counter, so I threw them all in the trash today and am working harder at making better choices. Also have committed to getting on my treadmill and doing a mile at least four days a week.... Its really starting to sink in that this sleeve is a TOOL, not an immediate solution.
  20. 2BEHEALTHY
    2BEHEALTHY
    Got weighed at the Dr's office today 199.2 I'm officially in the hundreds!!!
  21. GWENC69
    GWENC69
    my start weight was 386 and today is 324 so 62 lbs since pre-op on oct 29...
  22. GWENC69
    GWENC69
    sorry my surgery date was November 12, 2012
  23. moving forward
    moving forward
    My surgery date was 11/12/12.
    Start weight, 267
    Current weight, 219
    Loss of 48 lbs
  24. jack4774
    jack4774
    Had surgery on 11/5/12
    Started at 242 lbs.
    Currently 196
    Lost 46 lbs (stalled at 201 for almost 2 weeks)

Its coming off slower than others, but quicker than if I had to do it on my own.
  25. vickybeads
    vickybeads
    Had surgery on 11/19/12.
    Started at 215
    Currently 177
    Have lost:

Starting Weight: 215.0 lbs. Pounds to Date: -38.0 lbs. Current Weight: 177.0 lbs.
    Goal Weight: 135.0 lbs. Pounds to Goal: 42.0 lbs. Height (in.) 66"
    Total Goal: -80.0 lbs. Avg. Daily Chng: -0.5 lbs. Current BMI: 28.6
    Starting Fat % 48.8% All-time high lbs: 215.0 lbs. All-time low lbs: 177.0 lbs.
    Current Fat % 42.1% All-time high fat %: 48.8% All-time low fat %: 42.1%
    Current Fat lbs. 74.5 lbs. Current fat lbs. lost: 30.4 lbs. Total Inches Lost -29.8"
  26. smith0679
    smith0679
    When I started my journey to weight loss I weighed 357!!! Had the surgery on November 19 and weighed 347 and now I weight 245!!!! Only 35 more to go and I am feeling tall dark and Sexy!!! Whooooo You Know!!
  27. vickybeads
    vickybeads
    Sounds like we're all doing well. I noticed a couple of almost 100 lbs lost! Wow, congratulations to everyone.

Will update my weight on Monday, then the following Monday I'll update my weight and my measurements.

I weigh in every Monday morning and take my measurements once a month.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and remember to sip and chew, sip and chew, sip and chew.......
  28. jack4774
    jack4774
    WOW~ I am shocked at how fast some of you lost the weight (over 100 lbs in 3 months)?

I had surgery on Nov 5th...we are almost at the 4 month mark and I have lost 63 lbs.

I started at 242 and now weigh 179...I have about 55 lbs to go to be at MY goal!

I hit a plateau these past 3 weeks where I have only lost 3 lbs in 3 weeks (HAS ANYONE ELSE experienced this?)

Good Luck Everyone!
  29. tiffo
    tiffo
    hey Jack

Yes !!!! i have hit the same stall........ so frustrating, i was doing so well and now for the last three weeks i have only moved about 5 lbs. So i started to ride my stationary bike a bit more and been swimming more too so i'm hoping things get moving again i have lost about 70lbs since my surgery mabey a little more, but i have to say this stall is very disheartining . Lets hope things get moving soon, actually lets not hope but lets do it!

Tiff
  30. Smccabe
    Smccabe
    Been way too long since my last post 4.5 months post op down 82. I am pleased but this has not been the easy way out. I still miss eating but i am getting used to the new normal. My mom passed away suddenly on Jan 26 and my last conversation with her the night she passed was how pleased she was with my results. I miss her terribly but I know she is in heaven smiling
  31. Lucy61
    Lucy61
    I'm 5 months now and down 48lb - starting weight 222, sitting at 174 now, my goal is 155-160 so I'm 14-19 lb from goal. At 5'5" that will be a comfortable weight for me, I don't want to be too skinny a simple size 10/12 will suit me fine.
  32. GWENC69
    GWENC69
    I had my surgery on 11-12-12 and have lost 82 pounds so far
  33. vickybeads
    vickybeads
    Sleeved 19 Nov 2012. Here are my stats as of this morning:

Expected Target: Wednesday, October 16, 2013
    Days post VSG: 287 Days left: 44 Progress: 87%
    Starting Weight: 215.0 lbs. Pounds to Date: -69.6 lbs. Current Weight: 145.4 lbs.
    Goal Weight: 135.0 lbs. Pounds to Goal: 10.4 lbs. Height (in.) 67"
    Total Goal: -80.0 lbs. Avg. Daily Chng: -0.2 lbs. Current BMI: 22.8
    Starting Fat % 48.8% All-time high lbs: 215.0 lbs. All-time low lbs: 145.4 lbs.
    Current Fat % 32.2% All-time high fat %: 48.8% All-time low fat %: 31.3%
    Current Fat lbs. 46.8 lbs. Current fat lbs. lost: 58.1 lbs. Total Inches Lost -59.5"
  34. vickybeads
    vickybeads
    New stats:

Starting Weight: 215.0 lbs. Pounds to Date: -70.2 lbs. Current Weight: 144.8 lbs.
    Goal Weight: 135.0 lbs. Pounds to Goal: 9.8 lbs. Height (in.) 67"
    Total Goal: -80.0 lbs. Avg. Daily Chng: -0.2 lbs. Current BMI: 22.7
    Starting Fat % 48.8% All-time high lbs: 215.0 lbs. All-time low lbs: 144.8 lbs.
    Current Fat % 33.3% All-time high fat %: 48.8% All-time low fat %: 31.3%
    Current Fat lbs. 48.2 lbs. Current fat lbs. lost: 56.7 lbs. Total Inches Lost -59.5"