Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Question for Low BMI ers

1. knewme2013
    knewme2013
    How quickly after your surgery were you able to return to work?
  2. LtWeight
    LtWeight
    I decided to take off for 4 weeks. I know some people went back to work after 1 with desk jobs. Most people I know went back after 2 or 3. I decided on 4 so I could really get used to my new sleeve and how to eat correctly. I wanted time to go through my closets and organize clothing in sizes/seasons so I have a real ideal of what I have and how far it will get me down the road. I could have easily gone back after 2 weeks but I have over 7 months of sick leave so I thought I'd take this time for me.
  3. slim_again
    slim_again
    I went back to work after 2 days. I didn't have any pain and I'd been eating a liquid diet for weeks before surgery so it was no big change. The only thing i didn't do was my Core pilates class, it's hard work for the abs so I gave myself a 4 week rest from my noon classes. I did lift my luggage with no problems, I really didn't have any issues past the second day. I don't know what I would have done with myself had I stayed at home, I think it's a fairly individual thing to choose, what's right for me isn't necessarily right for everyone else. I also thought the movement and getting back into daily life helped me lose more weight quickly rather than hanging around the house.