Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Family

1. acaswell
    acaswell
    I am married with five kids and my husband works very hard to provide for us. I am so worried about him resenting me and taking it out on the kids during my recovery. I start my pre-op diet on Monday and I want to have as much in place for the family as I can before surgery. Anyone else in the same boat? What did you do to prepare yourself and your family. My kids (4-12) are not looking forward to my absence at all.
  2. Bombshell2Be
    Bombshell2Be
    My husband was not very supportive of my decision to have surgery, I had my surgery on a Wednesday, and was up taking care of kids and cooking and cleaning on Saturday. I just had to be strong, and jump right back into my routine. It was hard, but don't let your worries discourage you. Ask for help, whether it's babysitting, or someone bringing over a meal or two. I just made sure the house and laundry were clean and done, and some meals and casseroles and frozen foods available, so thins wouldn't be hard on my hubby. I had outfits for each day hung up for the kids, etc. Best wishes, and remember that you are doing this to be healthy for you and your babies!
  3. LoraG
    LoraG
    My husband is still my biggest supporter and was willing to do whatever he had to do to make things easier for me to recover. There's no reason for your hubby to resent you.....you probably won't be gone for more than a few days. If you get things prepared in advance and review all your preparations with him, he may feel more confident in your absence.

I had surgery when my son had just turned 1yr old, and I couldn't lift him at all. We could sit together and he could climb on to me, just no lifting on my part. I still had his nanny come over to make things easier for me and had someone here to help with his care if I needed it.

I had surgery on Thursday, and was home on Saturday afternoon. After I was up and moving and past the internal "aching" immediately after surgery, I felt great! I didn't experience any complications or set backs. I probably did more around the house just because I was here all day. I bought some of those 10 minute frozen skillet meals for my husband to make for dinner. Having frozen dinners ready for the family is a great way to make sure you don't have to "cook", when you're not really feeling up to it.

I wish you much luck and many successes!!!
  4. Lacylynnette
    Lacylynnette
    I just had my surgery on the first...my hubby took of work and helped for the first week but then had to go back to work. He works shift
    Im not gonna lie it's been really hard. My energy level is real low and im struggling. I do housework for about n10 or 15 min then have to stop. My youngest is 11 months opdm I have 3 kids. Ive been told it will get better. Don't forget your vitamins.
  5. Lacylynnette
    Lacylynnette
    Im so jealous of the lucky folks with 3 or 4 weeks off to recover!!
  6. acaswell
    acaswell
    Thank you for the feed back ladies! I am happy to hear that it can be done! I thought I was going to be down for the count for at least two weeks... My surgery is tomorrow, nervous and excited