Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Recovery from Hell- sleeved on June 25

1. Astle
    Astle
    So I am still in bed 22+ hours a day. I am on painkillers since Wednesday after 12:30 pm. I still fee drugged and in a fog from the anesthesia. I can't hardy walk 20 feet and really can't "sip" anything without gagging, I tolerate ice chips, Popsicles and home aide slushies. Today will be my first day of getting 64 ounces in and little protein- maybe 10 g. Any suggestions to give me are appreciated on a positive note I have lost 30 of the 75 pounds I need to loss.
  2. Hev
    Hev
    I have sent you a private message ... I am sorry you are feeling so ill ... You need to get up. Hev
  3. ChrissyT
    ChrissyT
    Make sure to keep your MD posted. Keep getting fluids in and if you need the rest, than rest.
  4. Astle
    Astle
    Update- I am feeling much better now, just spent the last 21 hours in the hospital getting fluids. I was extremely dehydrated and since my blood sugar was also crazy high anything I was taking for fluids was running right through me and giving me no nutrition what so ever. Much better now after getting 6 liters of fluid
  5. cake8188
    cake8188
    ONe thing I found I like to drink are the Atkins shakes - they are not as much protein as the protein powder but they are still
    a good source of protein at 15mg. Over ice they are really good. ( 4 to 5 ounces at a time in the beginning.)
    Feel better!
  6. Hev
    Hev
    I hope you are feeling much better yes the Atkins shakes are ok.. I choose them too. Hopefully soon you will be on soft foods as I will be I am sure that helps. All the best Hev