Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

I Am 18 days from surgery & I have some questions hope someone here can help Thanks.

1. EGV-Actor
    EGV-Actor
    I want to know about how is the level of pain after the surgery?

When can I return to the Gym?

More than anything I want to know about any one who lost a total of 80Lbs more or less that the skin is not sagging?

Thank you very much.
  2. whodatgirl
    whodatgirl
    The level of pain is different for everyone. I was lucky. I had absolutely no pain or nausea, except for in my shoulder and neck from the gas that they use in laparoscopic surgery. I had the same issue when I had my gallbladder removed, so I was prepared for that.

Doctors vary greatly on timelines for exercise. My doctor gave me permission to begin after six weeks.

Your last question doesn't apply to me, so I can't help you there.
  3. EGV-Actor
    EGV-Actor
    Thanks a lot whodatgirl for your input. Everything helps me now.
  4. Ahigdon
    Ahigdon
    I also had no pain or nausea at all from surgery. I am 8 weeks out and I believe I can go to the gym doing moderate excersize. I am still doing good. I believe that the fact that I stayed on my pre op diet had a lot to do with that. My surgery was easy. My liver had shrunk, so it made it very easy the surgeon said. Good luck to you.
  5. Leanng
    Leanng
    I also had almost no pain from the surgery. The only pain was from the gas (my husbands massage of my sholders made that go away within 24 hours) and I couldn't sleep on my side for 2 weeks. Other than that I did really well. I also stuck very strickly to both pre and post op diets, I think that helped. I started on the treadmill after two weeks. I also started with 2 pounds arm weight at about 3 weeks and just increased the activity over time.
    Ok, I haven't lost 80 pounds, but I am at 79. The excess skin on my arms drives me crazy, and of course my tummy. Both will have to be done in the future. I recently met my sisters plastic surgeon in Mexico and will go to him when the time comes. I should also mention that I'm 58, that means I have less chance of my skin being elastic enough to shrink with me. You look a lot younger so you might have better luck. Read up on the things that you can do to help your skin out. I know some of it works, like no foods with simple sugar (candy), doing core strenthening exercises, and more that I can't think of right now. Good luck to you.
  6. joanaheter
    joanaheter
    i just got sleeved on wednesday i am 2 days post op..Not alot of pain..I did have nausea for the first and second day nothing now...I agree with the gas part that was in my sholders...but is gone pretty much...
  7. EGV-Actor
    EGV-Actor
    Thank you all I am so thankful for all the input.