Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

My surgery is in 25 days...

1. newbeginings2012
    newbeginings2012
    I am so excited and ready for a new start this year. I was 325 pounds and lost 100 lbs. on my own with Weight Watchers and Exercise and it just keep creeping up, I have been sitting in the same weight range for 3 years since I lost all that weight. I went to the doctor a couple weeks ago to find out that I am borderline diabetic and high cholesterol. I am not going to allow this to happen to me. That is when I decided that the Sleeve Gastrectomy is the choice for me. I actually work for a bariatric surgeon has his assistant so he is cutting me a deal for my surgery, so that is a big relief to me. I am just ready for the day to be here.
  2. PrettyShort1
    PrettyShort1
    Good luck and like you I am also ready for that day Great things in 2012!
  3. N2DVN
    N2DVN
    Congrats! Mine is on the 24th, cannot wait! 2012 is our year! WOOHOO!
  4. KMelendez
    KMelendez
    Wow, I applaud your success on the 100 lbs. lost already! I also applaud your decision to have your weight under control now, before all the 100 lbs. creeps on. My surgery is next Thursday, 1/12, and I am looking forward to finally getting "bumper guards" on (as Kellawanda on youtube describes it). In August, my lab work came back with many alarming indicators that were all weight-related, and at that point I started throwing in the towel on thinking I could do this alone anymore, and made the call to my doctor for a referral to a bariatric surgeon. After a lot of thought, information, and medical work-up, I am convinced that this is the nicest thing I could do for myself. Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress.