Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Recovery time in the hospital??

1. Astle
    Astle
    Hi June sleevers,
    I am getting sleeved on Tuesday June 25th and I am curious when everyone else went home after surgery? My Dr is thinking 2 nights recovery in the hospital but possibly only 1 night depending on how things go. I really prefer to be at home, so I am hoping I can go home the next day!
  2. JENUWINE
    JENUWINE
    Hi! Good luck with your surgery, mine was June 11 and I was in the hospital for 3 nights. The main reason is because I was throwing up everything, my stomach can't tolerate any pain meds so FINALLY we found one that worked. Had it not been for the nasuea, I would've been there 2 nights. 10 days post-op now and feeling pretty good just a little sore!
  3. Baggage
    Baggage
    I thought I would want to go home ASAP after too and really when the surgery was over I didn't want to leave the hospital! I say 2 nights is minimum. I too was sick from pain meds and throwing up like crazy but even the others I was with needed the 2 nights. I went back on the 3rd night just for IVs and it was much needed.... Take it slow and don't push it...
  4. Raf
    Raf
    I was in the hospital 3 days.. At first I thought I would want to go home sooner but I'm glad I was there the 3 days. Good luck with everything..
  5. whodatgirl
    whodatgirl
    I stayed two nights, and I'm glad I did. I didn't have any nausea or vomiting, but I was in Tijuana by myself, so I wouldn't have had anyone to push me to walk, help with changing dressings, etc.
  6. Namaste
    Namaste
    I'm 7 days out from surgery. I had a two night stay in the hospital & so glad I did. It's just reassuring to be there. I had no complications, but really wasn't feeling all that great. I wouldn't rush it, 2 days is perfect. Good luck. Roberta
  7. scentual1
    scentual1
    I am a June 25 sleever also. My doctor told me it would be 1 night unless there are complications. So we will see how it goes. I know I would prefer to be at home. I'm sure it just depends on the dr and the hospital.
  8. C24Marie
    C24Marie
    I had surgery on 6/14 and I went home same day. The first two days I was not feeling great, but by the third day I was feeling much better. Today is a week out and I don't even fell like I had surgery.
  9. chica125kml
    chica125kml
    I got sleeved on Thursday and I am in the hospital till tomorrow
  10. shane7446
    shane7446
    Good Luck with your sleeve, i was sleeved on June 11th and i was in the hospital for 2 nights and happy i was for the two nights. I had no complications but they observed the 1st night and then the following day i had to go done for a scan to make sure there were no leaks and then they observed you to see if your able to tolerate fluids.
  11. lisab215
    lisab215
    I am a June 24th sleever and my doctor told me 1 to 2 nights. I would like to b home, but think it would be better if I'm there 2 nights. Good luck!
  12. JaniceH24
    JaniceH24
    My doc gave me the choice. The thought of going home helped motivate me to walk. If you are going home to a quiet place with someone to check on you-one night should be enough if no vomiting etc. The hospital wasn't restful - always checking vitals etc. I am 4 days post op and sleeping through the night and limited pain meds.
  13. Lalaangeleyes
    Lalaangeleyes
    I was sleeved on 6/14 and checked out in 6/18. Had to go back for 2 nights for esophageal spasms.
  14. Darcybecky
    Darcybecky
    I was in one night. Got there at 5:00 am that morning, sleeved around 11, discharged around noon the next day, was it a long day? You betcha. If you have one on one nursing like I did, then it worked out good. I sort of wish that I would have had one more night in the hospital, I think it would have helped, and as soon as they took me off my IV "nausea" meds, I felt 100 percent better, vomiting stopped, indigestion stopped and I actually felt like a human again. I'm home, five hours away from the doc's office, and I'm feeling pretty good. Good luck!
  15. ABrandnewme2013
    ABrandnewme2013
    I was sleeved on Monday 6/24 at 8am, it's now Wednesday and I'm still here in the hospital. When I went for my X-ray yesterday to test for leaks, the contrast didn't move ,it was stuck I'm guessing due to swelling so they kept me to monitor. Today I was able to drink some broth so hopefully I can leave sometime Today.
  16. soleil
    soleil
    I just stayed overnight. I was glad for that though because I was very sluggish from the anesthesia.
  17. harrygill
    harrygill
    i got sleeved on 27th at 7:30 am was discharged the next day , had no problem with nausea jus a couple of times when i initially woke up from surgery in recovery room , it was mandatory to walk after every 4 hours to pass out the gas and to start the bowel moment , second day home today feeling great ,jus having problems while sitting down and getting up due to the pain in incisions . drinking water and apple or cranberry juice , best part i dont even feel like eating even when i see people eating , hope everyone is having a great recovery journey