Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gas & Bloating after surgery!!! EEK

1. Mikamom
    Mikamom
    I'm not sure how many of you have experienced this, but I was so uncomfortable after surgery due to gas and bloat. I took milk of magnesia, ex lax strips, and dulcolax. The dulcolax helped initially but the gas kept coming. I recently went to the health food store and purchased a chewable digestive enzyme and it helped alleviate the gas and bloat! I now take a chewable tab in the morning and one in the evening to help my tummy digest all of the lovely protein it's been getting. I just wanted to share this information just in case there was anyone else out there experiencing painful gas/bloat. Thanks!!

>>Oh and I have a pic of the digestive enzyme I'm using on my page just incase you're interested in trying it. Take care and best wishes!
  2. PitPat
    PitPat
    Thank you for the information! I don't look forward to that part of post op but I know it is part of the process.
    Blessings........
    PitPat
  3. BobbieTown
    BobbieTown
    Thank you for the hint!! I'll be running to the health food store this week to prepare!! :0)
  4. Ms. S
    Ms. S
    How do I find your page to see it? I'm kind of new to this.
  5. Mikamom
    Mikamom
    You're all welcome but you might want to start w/ 1 enzyme. I'm not a doc but this is how I determined how well my body tolerated this vitamin.... Thanks Ms. S you can just click on my avatar and you should be given the option to view my profile, the pictures should on the left side of my profile page.
  6. Ms. S
    Ms. S
    Thank you Mikamom! Going to Costco today.