Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery date 3 days away !!!

1. 1htqbn
    1htqbn
    Hello everyone ! My surgery is only 2 full days away. I leave early Wednesday morning to San Diego then straight to the hospital in Tijuana . I'm very nervous. This is the first time I'm having surgery without my husband of 24 years. He's having to stay back and hold down the home front . I'm lucky enough to have my dear friend staying with me but its not my husband. Is there some things I should have waiting in my cupboard when I return ?
  2. Baggage
    Baggage
    Protein shakes! If u have a Costco near by I would go there and get a case of the already made shakes. I brought a few of them with me in my luggage and I was really glad to have them on the last 2 days of my journey.
  3. 1htqbn
    1htqbn
    Wouldn't it be to soon for protein shakes? I thought that was at the 2nd week?
  4. lakegirl
    lakegirl
    Not at all...you'll be sipping on protein drinks about a day or two after the surgery and then once you get home too. Have plenty of broth soups and cream soups at home too. I also use the fruit protein drinks available at "bariatricchoice.com" or I put unflavored protein powder into crystal light. A good way of getting in some protein. Good luck with everything!!!