Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

loose skin after surgery

1. mzjones
    mzjones
    hello everyone,
    im new to this site and so glad i found a group of African Americans to converse with. I was just wondering, for those of you who are already sleeved are you having alot of problems with the loose skin from the large amount of weight that you have lost ? My moms co worker had gastric bypass and lost 150 lbs and says she doesnt need to have a tmmy tuck or any other surgerys to remove the loose skin. She says because Black skin bounces back i wont need to worry about having loose skin as long as i work out.
  2. bryantyves
    bryantyves
    Thursday will be a month since my surgery and I have already started weights and toning so I don't have that problem yet plus I still have a long way to go. We usually bounce back but maybe it depends on how much weight you have to shed.
  3. fateggplant
    fateggplant
    I'm 9 months out and I've had no really problem with extra skin. I'm 45 and has always been solid (not flabby fat) so I think my skin was already tight. My daughter who's 22 had it done 6 days after mine also has tight skin...I think its genetic...good luck on that...I also workout in the pool a lot...so start tighten things up early....
  4. gabrielle48
    gabrielle48
    below your skin the cells strink and expand. when we lost wt they get smaller, when we gain they expand. To tighten the skin you have to exercise (strength training) and stick with it. Good luck
  5. mzjones
    mzjones
    I still workout now and I'm pretty solid I dont have loose skin now so it's good to know that I possibly won't have anything to worry about either way I'm excited and can't wait !
  6. seerphyllis2
    seerphyllis2
    I have loose skin. I lost 60 lbs prior to surgery and I didn't weight train or tone. But a month after my surgery I started weight training. I'm hoping that will tighten everything up though. But my problem area is my arms, inner thighs, lower abdomen
  7. fit2bfabulous
    fit2bfabulous
    I have the same problem areas as Phyllis & I workout 4-5 times a wk and one day with trainer. I've lost nearly 100 lbs. I don't think I will need surgery.
  8. shaah
    shaah
    i personally dont have too much loose skin. my thighs are a little shaky but i can tone those up. my wife just had the surgery in jan and she has a lot of extra skin from her stomach and her turkey wings (arms). she has been doing weight training so it is definately tightening the skin in her arms. as for her stomach well we will have to see what happens. im sure if she did some sit up and crunches it would help, but i dont know how flat it will get. she started at 260 and is down to 214.
  9. JazzyJackie
    JazzyJackie
    I have loose skin too. I'm not young for it to just shrink back. My stomach is my biggest problem. When I complain about it I'm told to get over it, that its war wounds. Well, I do worry about it. But I rather never go back to size 22/24. I love size 10/11 everyday, loose skin and yea loose skin. Lol
  10. proudmommi
    proudmommi
    What can be done specifically as far as exercising to tighten loose skin before it becomes a problem??