Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

I guess I have been lucky...

1. Hopefuljourney
    Hopefuljourney
    I was diagnosed with PCOS in 1996 when I was trying to get pregnant for the first time. I did not have any physical symptoms other than the infertility and the excess weight. The thing about the weight though is that I have been overweight my whole life so it wasn't like I had this sudden influx of weight, so I guess I never thought of it as a symptom. Since then, I have had 2 children with metformin's help and a 3rd without any intervention (well, other than my husbands ) Anyhow, my weight loss has always been a struggle. The typical 17-30 pound loss and then it comes back again. I am looking forward to my surgery on May 22nd and I hope that I won't have any weight loss issues due to having PCOS. This board has opened my eyes though that I need to watch out for the fact that it may be slower going since the PCOS has caused slower loss in the past. Thanks all!
  2. curlyme
    curlyme
    Hi there! How are you doing?
    I have pcos too...and never been pregnant...i hope to be sleeved in 3 to 4 weeks
  3. yuyi79
    yuyi79
    Today is my one year surgiversary and I have lost a total of 109 lbs. Started at 336 and am now at 227. I have also had PCOS for some time now and can say that it hasn't hindered my weight loss at all. I have however been stuck between 224 and 229 for the last 4 months but i'm happy and i think my body is just taking the weight loss in before it'll start to shed more. Good luck to you both.