Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Best Protien

1. Delana
    Delana
    Hey Everyone:

I have a question. I am about to start my protein diet here in about a couple of weeks. I am so confused as to what I should get. There are so many different kinds of protein and I have no idea what to get. Should I get a meal replacement protein? Please help!
  2. TinaF1971
    TinaF1971
    I have found chicken to be high in protein. Especially the No Name brand. If you check out your grocery store, you will find that they make chicken brats, turkey brats, turkey franks, and even patties! I like the Johnsonville Turkey Cheddar Brats the best! I am able to eat lean hamburger now and prefer hamburger patties over turkey and chicken patties. Those seem to be an acquired taste for me. Best wishes!
  3. Delana
    Delana
    Thanks for the info! I am about to go through my pre-op diet. What protein shakes or powders should I take. Is there a meal replacement type?
  4. SandraD
    SandraD
    I love the Premier Protein shakes, and they have 30 grams of protein. I get them at Sam's.
  5. ShannaBanana
    ShannaBanana
    The protein drinks i liked before surgery i now hate. I like carnation no sugar added breakfast drinks now. Before surgery i liked cookies and cream and strawberry by gnc.
  6. dawnbarnard
    dawnbarnard
    I used the powder protein from Costco that said 100% Whey on the outside. It was $47.00 for the bag. I mixed it with 1% milk in the Magic Bullet blender. Sometimes I'd add a banana or a couple of strawberries. But I used to LOVE them. I'm with Shanna though - - I used to LOVE them and now they make me sick to my stomach but I'm 9 weeks post-op.
  7. Delana
    Delana
    Awesome! Thank you all so much for your help! You guys have given me a lot of great ideas. How as far as curving the HUNGER part post op, how did they do?
  8. racrgirl39
    racrgirl39
    I dont care for the thick protein shakes. For me most taste funny and fill me up to quickly. I prefer Isopure zero carb protein drinks. I buys them at the vitin shoppe or gnc. They are 20 ounces and 40 grams of protein. I still drink 10 ounces of one each day to supplenty protein intake.
  9. healedheart
    healedheart
    I agree with Premier Protein.
  10. RockvilleGirl
    RockvilleGirl
    I am doing my pre-op diet now. Surgery is one week from tomorrow. My surgeon's office encourages you to try shakes early on to find some you like. I have tried probably 5-6 pre-mixed shakes and the only ones I found really tolerable were the atkins advantage. Everyone's tastes are different, but I tried pure protein, EAS, Oh Yeah, Isopure, one from GNC that I don't remember the name, and the atkins ones - most of them tasted chalky or had an aftertaste to me so that I couldn't drink the whole thing. I use the atkins ones occasionally at work because they are easy if I am in a hurry. What I have found for me is that mixing from powder is better for me. For the most part the shakes you mix from powder have more protein in them than the atkins advantage, so I get more protein in and I'm also able to control the consistency better. The powders i have liked the best are the unjury brand and the syntrax nectars. You can get sample packs of different flavors if you google online. Sometimes I mix with just water and ice, sometimes I mix with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. My recommendation - get them cold - they taste better to me when they are cold. Also Unjury has both unflavored protein powder as well as some chicken soup flavored packets. I have some unflavored, but I have not used it yet. I have tried the chicken soup packets. It was pretty good. Reminded me of the broth from Chicken flavored ramen.