Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Food is no longer my life...

1. Jason71
    Jason71
    Well, I am new to this site and obviously this group as well and I am just wanting to chat about what my biggest challenge has been. I started at 374 and to the shock of a lot of you, I really loved food. I loved to cook something great and eat it till it was gone. I am finding now, that I eat so little, I could care less about it. The first week or so killed me. My head hunger was rough but now that I am over that stage it is amazing how I can literally have 4-5 bites of something and put it down. I'm just now being able to cook my family some goodness and not feel terrible about not eating it.

Moving on... I am also a little discouraged with my loss at the moment. I was going like gang busters for the first 2-3 weeks and now that I am 5, almost 6 weeks out, it has slowed drastically. I am at about 37 pounds down at the moment and the first 3 weeks was 30 of that. I see there is typically a stall on week 3 but man. It amazes me seeing how much I am taking in and how it is not reflecting on the scale. I have been doing a lot of physical activity so perhaps the muscle is gaining again and I'm still losing inches (I never did measure myself).

This is not really any questions, more of a what is on my mind post. I hope a few of you can relate.
  2. Rdoactv
    Rdoactv
    Food Is No Big Deal To Me Either. I Still Love To Cook, But It Has Changed. I Now Try To Turn My Favorites Into Health, Low Carb Versions. I Eat Little, But My Son Still Benefits.
    I Relate On The Slowdown. The First 2-3 Weeks The Weight Fell Of, Then Slowed. But When I Look At Loosing 1-2# Per Week I Cant Really Complain. Never Would Haveh haHappened Before Surgery. Im Short, 5'0 And Started at 206. 10Wks And Down 40#. Hey, Ill Take It.
  3. laydlyke
    laydlyke
    Hey Jason, I am in the boat right beside you. I'm 6 weeks out and have lost right at 30lbs...27 of that during the first 3 weeks. I was stalled at week 3 for 3 weeks. The scale JUST started moving again. I was so discouraged. But it will happen. I increased my water. I had been getting in enough but on the low end...maybe right at 46 or so. I increased and the scale started moving again. Hang in there...it will start back. Try your best to be patient...that's what I'm doing.
  4. MarshaD
    MarshaD
    My stall started exactly at week 3 and I am still in it but its amazing because I do not feel discouraged at all. Mainly because of this site I know this is normal and I will get through it. If this would have happened before the sleeve I would have already given up and binged, gaining most of my weight back if not all snd then some. I think not having the mental torture over the scale is priceless.

Just FYI, I'm stalled right at a 30 lb loss all within the first 3 weeks + preop. Sounds like we all had or are having a similar experience.