Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

New to site and group!

1. TattoosnDaisies
    TattoosnDaisies
    Hi y'all!

I'm Amber(31, will be 32 in August). I recently joined this site looking for support and info from other sleevers. I'm going to Mexico to have it done due to a lack of medical insurance. I'm looking to have my surgery done in mid-July.

Currently, I am 339. I've been holding at that for about 2 months now. My heaviest was a couple years ago when I tipped the scale at 351. I went on this crazy diet called The Rice Diet. It is insane. But I lost like 30 lbs in a month! But it is not something anyone can really do all the time. And so the weight came back (shocker). I've been doing a low carb diet for a few months now and DDP Yoga daily. Guess that's why I am holding with the weight loss of a whopping 6.5 lbs.

Anyways. Just wanted to say hi!
  2. Jenniferkatie
    Jenniferkatie
    Welcome I too am going to Mexico in July! The 8th to be exact Congrats on your decision! This is going to be a great journey and I wish I could get it started already!! LOL!
  3. lundbergmn
    lundbergmn
    Welcome to the group!!!
  4. RoxFC
    RoxFC
    Hi!! Congrats on your decision to make this journey... I'm also waiting for my surgery date. I'm hoping to be sleeved end of June or July. I have also done some crazy diets to lose weight. I did lose about 40lbs last year but I fell back into my bad habits and gained about 30lbs back. I'm ready for this rollercoaster to be over! Best of luck to you..
  5. TattoosnDaisies
    TattoosnDaisies
    I'm excited about this journey too!

Thanks for the welcome!
  6. Jason71
    Jason71
    Hello, I just joined this jazz also. I am 5 weeks out from my surgery on 4/30/13 and am finally coming to terms with my decision as a positive one. The first 2-3 weeks was tough mentally more so than physically. I think now that I have energy again and I am able to go outside and lift anything and mow my yard and actually eat food I am starting to enjoy the process a TON more than when it was a liquid diet and I was still on restrictions. It is certainly a life change and no matter how ready you think you are, I wasn't. But I kept the faith and kept plugging away and I am now feeling and doing better. I wish you luck on your journey!!!