Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Liquid Pre op Diet

1. Chantale
    Chantale
    Hey Everyone

So because i am over 300lbs I am required by my surgeon to follow a 21 day Liquid Pre-Op Diet, My question to everyone who has had or is about to have their surgery after a Liquid diet, what did you guys use, are there any shakes you prefer or that don't taste like ass. I have tried a few but they make me sick to my stomach I cant drink more then half of it then i usually vomit what i was able to get down. Any tips, tricks or shakes you guys found that are good?
  2. Langdon06
    Langdon06
    im over 300 as well and only have to do the pre-op for 10 days.. but i have tried several protein shakes and because of my kidney disease i can only have the Pure Protein ones from GNC they dont have Chromium in them. I have tried the Vanilla and the Strawberry Creame and they are ok
  3. pngnpngn
    pngnpngn
    The only one I liked was Costco's Premiere Protein, both the vanilla and chocolate
  4. dranga1
    dranga1
    GNC Lean Shakes.Strawberry is my fav.I still drink them post op.I cant the powdered stuff down yuck.
  5. bestnester
    bestnester
    I loved the Muscle Milk and Atkins chocolate shakes.
  6. nenaruiz83
    nenaruiz83
    My surgery is 10 days away but what about shakeology??? Would that work??
  7. jogaudet2005
    jogaudet2005
    I know this is a late reply but I liked the Gold standard Protein from Vitamin Shoppee. And I use a blender and some ice with it as the colder it is the better it tastes for me anyway.

Good luck and I had a long liquid diet as well but not as long as yours.
  8. PlatinumPink
    PlatinumPink
    I haven't started my pre-op diet yet, but I am going to get the Premier Protein from Sam's Club.
  9. SassySteffi
    SassySteffi
    Hi everyone....I'm starting my pre-op liquid diet tomorrow, and I bought (2) different kinds of shakes. The Adkins Advantage and the Slim Fast, both chocolate...I want to try the Costco/Sam's Premier as I've been told it is pretty good, however, I'm not a member of either. I'm excited to finally have my surgery date and ready to get this show on the road. I know it will be a struggle at first, but looking for a much better healthier lifestyle.