Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Greetings

1. karencarpenterfan
    karencarpenterfan
    Good morning everyone. I'm actually having my sleeve surgery today. I am very nervous but very excited as well. I am currently 368 lbs and this surgery has been a long time coming! I have battled with my weight for the last 30 years, so at the age of 42 I have decided to take control over food back in my own hands. I always swore I would never have bariatric surgery as it seemed the only viable choice would have been the gastric bypass. In my opinion, that surgery has way to many risks and complications. So, when this sleeve surgery started to become popular it became clear that this was the right choice for me. The fact that it is done laprascopically and not having to cut you open was a huge factor in my decision. Well, I gotta get going. Best of luck to everyone on this site on their own individual journeys. John
  2. alfasig
    alfasig
    Good luck!!! I had mine done the end of February and I am down in the 280's now -- hope I don't get booted from this group :-)
  3. shaun27565
    shaun27565
    Congrats and good luck today .
  4. laurks21
    laurks21
    Wishing you a fast recovery, and welcome to the sleeved side, its wonderful!!!!
  5. pingwn33
    pingwn33
    Good Luck...I am now waiting the approval process...I am at the same age and weight...Can't wait ...please keep us updated...
  6. MasonMarv
    MasonMarv
    Good luck! I had my surgery on Jan 28 and have already lost 118 since then. Having the sleeve was one of the best decisions I've made. I'm sure you'll feel the same way.
  7. NorCal
    NorCal
    Good luck !!
  8. mimipam
    mimipam
    I had my surgery 1 week ago today and I am already down 24 pounds (13 pre-op and 11 since surgery). Hope all goes well for you today!
  9. TinaF1971
    TinaF1971
    Good for you! Good luck! I had my surgery on 2-18-13 and started at 383#. I was 432# when I first saw my surgeon back in October, last year. I am currently 295#. Like you, I didn't feel the RNY was for me. Many people tried telling me to get it, as I would lose more weight. I didn't want to deal with the malnourishment. I love my sleeve.
  10. katente
    katente
    Good for you there is always room for one more on the losers bench. Welcome.
  11. Time4me
    Time4me
    I am 9 months out and have NEVER even for a second, regretted my decision. I started at your weight and then when I decided to finally go ahead I was down to 347, today I am 209. Still want to get down another 30 or 40 pounds and thinking about a tummy tuck, but have a few more months before I am eligible as I was told to wait 1 year.

Good Luck to you and keep in touch.