Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Finally Ins gave approval

1. joanaheter
    joanaheter
    I am so excited today I heard from my Dr's office the ins gave the approval. Now I am waiting to hear back from the Dr office to schedule my surgery. I have been getting bummed lately, not hearing anything. I started my journey on Feb 15, 2013, I know it doesn't sound like a long time, but for me it has seemed like a long time. I had to do 3 months of weight management, pych eval, upper and lower gi, blood work. I wish I could jump up and down, that is how much excitment I have in me right now. I don't have many people to talk to right now. I am trying to keep it hush until I have to say anything, especially at work. Thank you all for listening...

Joan
  2. mallow
    mallow
    That is very exciting!!!! I completely understand about wanting to keep it hush. This forum was a huge outlet for me at the time before my surgery and within the first few months when I wasn't telling anyone. Now that I am over a year post op and have reached my goal, I tell anyone who wants to know what an incredible journey this has been. Glad to hear things are working out for you! You'll be a year post op before you know it!
  3. AnnieT
    AnnieT
    I understand about keeping it hush. I was very selective about who to say anything to prior to surgery. It seems some people (especially those who've never had a real weight problem) just don't "get it". I'm excited for you. I'm only 3 weeks post op and I am thrilled with the results so far. I think you will be too. When you see those scales drop quickly for the first 3 weeks, you will really feel the excitement about what the next year is going to bring.
  4. Tina27
    Tina27
    Congratulations on the good news, and good luck.
  5. vickybeads
    vickybeads
    Yay! Congratulations! You can talk to us as much as you want - we'll listen and when you're ready, you'll find someone at work that you feel comfortable with to talk to. Do you have your date yet?