Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Vacation!

1. chelseahowerton
    chelseahowerton
    So, I just got my surgery date this morning. I've been trying to rush this and get it in as soon as possible, and the soonest they have is June 10th! Which is only 19 days away and I'm SO psyched! The reason I was trying to get all of this done is because I'm going on a week's vacation mid-July (specifically July 17th-23rd). So I'll be 5 going on 6 weeks post-op when I go on this vacation. I'll probably ask my surgeon about it, but I'm curious to see if this is...too soon, I guess? I'm going to Comic Con in San Diego and I REALLY don't want to not be able to go. Thoughts?
  2. leo39
    leo39
    Have you ever had surgery before? If you tend to have no issues with anesthetic and you know what to expect, then five or six weeks into things you will be exactly as you were the other times, most likely. If you have never had surgery, its a tougher call. I thought I prepared for everything but it was a difficult recovery and I'm not alone. Not trying to scare you. In fact, I'll add- Comic Con - a costume, especially with a corset, may actually be a good friend supporting your stomach and back! Many have unexpected things occur. So be flexible and do take pain meds and do go rest if you need to. I think you should plan on a lighter schedule than you would normally have and don't be afraid to ask for a wheelchair if that helps you get everywhere you really really want to go! Fluids are a must but for many of us water is tough to drink (painful actually) so a tip would be to stick with other sugar free beverages. Fluids are more important than food so if you are just throwing up what you eat and feeling worse, focus on drinking (sipping).
    Best of luck, hope everything goes smoothly for you!
  3. loutsu99
    loutsu99
    Unfortunately...everybody is different. I am 6 weeks post op today and will be playing softball on Thursday and did yard work and mowed the lawn last weekend. I healed pretty quickly though. Start walking ASAP after surgery!!! And walk daily as much as u feel comfortable. I am pretty much back to normal outside of my eating obviously. Good luck!
  4. AnnieT
    AnnieT
    I'm 4 weeks post op. I'm back at work. Other than being a bit more tired than usual I think I could handle a trip. I have a business conference in a couple of weeks I'm a little conerned about the meals and my current diet restrictions. I think I am going to take some of the prepared protein shakes. Anyone have any travel food suggestions this soon after surgery for the starter of this discussion and me?