Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Starting the process

1. TParker_Houston
    TParker_Houston
    Hello Houston Sleevers,

I am a 35 year old female, who is considering the procedure and I am quite motivated. My cousin had it a month and a half ago and she is down 40 lbs. My prime motivation is based on her testimony about how much better her body feels. She says her knees don't ache anymore and her ankles can now sustain for more than an a hour or so in heels.

I am 5'8" and 262 (39 BMI) and I have additional risk factors such as diabetes and hypertension...top that with a thyroid issue that resulting in me having to have my thyroid removed....I KNOW I am a candidate for the gastric sleeve, but I do need guidance as to where to start. I searched my insurance providers website and was pleased to know that they do cover the procedure and even recommended a facility (Northwest Medical Center). I just sent the facility my insurance verification information and registered for a class about the procedure. I am hopeful that with all my risk factors, my insurance company won't put up a big fight and I can get the procedure done by July or August.

Any input on services received in Houston? I want to find a superb doctor!
  2. RBean
    RBean
    Methodist willowbrook Dr T Worley he is the best with great bed side manners I just had my surgery on Wed May 1st
  3. pingwn33
    pingwn33
    I am going thru True Results...
  4. TXsinger
    TXsinger
    I had mine done by Ricardo Bonnor and I M extremely pleased. Down 55 in 3 weeks, allergies are no longer bothering me, nice small incisions that should not scar and I had very little pain. I have a low threshold and I did not have to use the morphine drip nor pain killers afterwards.