Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Food ideas in Australia

1. Tony of Australia
    Tony of Australia
    Hi everyone,

Im struggling with food ideas atm. Ive kept a frairly limited diet since my sleeve on 5 Feb 2013 and while I have lost 43kgs, Id like some low fat, high protein options.

So far, Ive kept my diet to an Up&GO for breakfast, a small piece of vegetable slice (1/2 cup), tuna and vegetable patty (1/2 cup) or small tin of baked beans for lunch and possibly the same for dinner. Im yet to try any bread, pasta etc in any form, other than a taste here or there.

Any ideas? Oh and I dont eat eggs (

Thanks
  2. blondie12au
    blondie12au
    Shame you do not do eggs coz omletes are very good 4 you. I am over a year out now and can eat anything BUT only very small amounts. Have you tried chicken and salad. Just cut the chicken up very small and chew properly. I also make very thick soups and stews. I have no problem with eating Thai food (homemade) but my body does not like bread or anything deep fried...(bonus). I love Ski yoghurt and have watermelon and grapes a fair bit. Dont seem to have much trouble with fruit either. My only problem is easting to much and when I do I am in trouble. It does not happen much now as I would rather listen to my body than throw up. I have never been a 3 meal a day girl so am not much good in that area BUT I have a body Tech shake for brekky with my multi vitamins. Sometimes a very small serve of salad for lunch and chicken and vegies 4 dinner. It will take quite a while for your op to settle down. If you are in WA I could give you some of my cook books to check out. Otherwise let me know if you would like me to email some to you. xxxcoralxxx
  3. Veronic
    Veronic
    Well your a lucky person loosing all that weight!!! you should be extremely happy....you must be doing something right! keep it up....I had my op same day as u in St George Private in sydney and ive only lost 16 kilos :/ I cannot and dont have the time with 3 kids to sit and eat slowly, ive tried and to eat a small plate but takes forever so what im doing is snacking on cheese n crackers or tuna/eggs/meats thoughout the day. I have a lot of egg whites in protein shakes with berries n little piece of banana because i work hard with weights at the gym. I guess Ive given up on tasty food as i cant have much of it now....good luck your doing great......