Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Being in our 30's do you think we'll heal faster?

1. sunnyjill
    sunnyjill
    I'm actually in my late 30s already... how did that happern? I'm making the journey to Tj alone to be sleeved. I'll fly back to our nearest airport, then drive 2 hours home by myself.
    I can do this right?!! I am very independent, have a high pain toleranc, and most important A POSITIVE ATTITUDE. I don't think I'll have any problems doing this by myself. (hubby will be home taking care of the 4 kids)

Thanks for your thoughts and advice!
  2. stephanie81
    stephanie81
    I was 31 I felt like it took a year to really heal and to learn how to use new tool
  3. stephanie81
    stephanie81
    Oh and I have six kids and my trip was exactly the same solo and I did it! You can do it there is no reason for a companion for this trip
  4. silver2319
    silver2319
    I was 36 when I went in for the sleeve...and turned 37 a month later...so I hear ya about being in the late 30's and not sure if I could handle it.

My kids are 14 and 15 so they were a lot of help as well as a very supportive Husband!

It's a life changing experience...and just the last couple of months I am already enjoying life more than I have in YEARS!!! I love doing things with the kids more...just walking thru the mall doesnt make me feel like Im going to die!!!

Im still healing...but 3 months later I can only feel the surgery site every so often if I move a certain way but that pails in comparison to how I used to feel every night carrying around the extra 70lbs I used to lug around every day.
  5. naschroeder
    naschroeder
    You can do this! I am 35 and just got back last week from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico where I had my surgery done. My husband did go with me, but I realize now that I could have done it either way. I may have been better leaving him home with the kids, as I was so worried about them...making sure someone got them up and off to school and that my 16-year-old driver didn't have an accident, etc., etc. It would also have been cheaper with no one to feed. Lol. I had very little pain afterwards. When our plane landing, I actually drove home 2 hours away. I had been taxied around for 5 days, and I couldn't wait to get back in the driver's seat.
  6. Issygal
    Issygal
    I went to TJ alone and I'm definitely in my late 30s. I was really sick after the surgery but with every other surgery I have had I reacted that way to general anesthesia. You will be in a room with someone and everyone binds together and helps one another. I had no problems with my return flight (other than airline delays). My mom did meet me at the airport to drive me home but looking back I could have made the 3 hour trip by myself.
  7. sunnyjill
    sunnyjill
    Thanks a lot everyone! I appreciate your advice. I'll be just fine.... heck, I can still run up the stairs at work and skip steps. I can do this!!!