Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Leaving in a week....what should I take to Mexico????

1. NaturalRadiance
    NaturalRadiance
    I will be flying out a week from today and wanted any suggestions on what to take with me. What was helpful for you guys and what were your must haves?? I really need anything you can think of, from "food" during travel to medications to personal items...anything you can think of.
  2. happyhabit
    happyhabit
    Slippers, gas-x strips, comfy clothes to wear home. If you use a cpap machine call your doctor to see if they have one you can use and bring your own mask. Book, ipad, nook, cellphone cord. (I haven't gone yet but these are things I've heard people say they wish they had)
  3. Dyanne4293
    Dyanne4293
    Loose fitting clothing. Bandages. Dr. Almanza provides bandages, but I needed extra. I took small bottles of Gerber juice (4oz - you can carry them on the plane.) Lots of Gas-X strips. Rolaids. Must haves - Laptop. The hotel has great wi-fi. But only 1 English speaking TV channel. I did not purchase an international plan so my communication was text messaging and Facebook/yahoo messenger. You will want comfy shoes. Walking helps tremendously with the gas.
  4. Issygal
    Issygal
    The gas-x did not do anything for me. Comfortable clothing is a must, a heating pad, cell phone (make sure you have an international plan), iPad (there is wifi at the hospital and hotel). I did not take food it's to hard to get through airport security, the hotel has juice, popsicles, jello and Broth (it's really good). The hospital is cold so slippers and a sweatshirt.
  5. imtad
    imtad
    If you are going to Dr Almanza you don't really even need the slippers. They make you wear little blue over shoe booties and I was fine just wearing those over top of my socks. I packed a special small bag just for my hospital room. Gas X strips, toothbrush, hairbrush, cell phone. Yes there is WIFI both at the Jerusalem Hospital and the hotel so if you have a laptop or ??? it will work great. I bought an International phone plan but didn't use it. I just emailed to let my people know I was safe and doing ok. From the hospital they will let you make a call to the US for no charge. So once you are able to talk and focus on the phone (lol) you can call home. I did find that a heating pad was helpful to me once I got over to the hotel. Not necessary but helpful. I brought an extension cord so I could plug in heating pad and my computer and then I charged my phone off my computer. Comfy travel home clothes are a must. You will NOT be smaller than when you left so make sure you allow for belly swell. Walking shoes are a great idea, you will continue to need to walk after you leave the clinic. Either you will be pacing the hotel hall ways or you will be out shopping the streets of TJ. Be sure that when you take your Gas X that you get up and walk within 5-10 minutes of taking it. You need to get the gas moving. The more moving the better it will be for you.
    Good luck to you and I will look forward to hearing your updates.
  6. lindmar
    lindmar
    All good suggestions. I went to Dr. Q & other things I was glad to have: chapstick, flip flops (for the shower & walking), sports bra & stretchy capris (or shorts) for under my hospital gown, and extra money for tips.
  7. Dunamys
    Dunamys
    Always take 2 pijamas to wear under the hospital gown to walk in the hallways, wipes and most inportant your makeup u always have to look your best even at the hospital :0) .... I will have my surgery on the 24th of this month and I already made a list of everything im taking that I have seen that other sleevers took. make a list that way u wont forget anything I always do that and I never leaver anything behind. good luck
  8. Miss Jay
    Miss Jay
    I agree with Dunamys, I have a pad by me whenever I get on this site....There is a wealth of knowledge on here....I LOVE IT!! also I read to take some sugar-free hard candy for dry mouth, I bought an abdominal binder ( like a waist cincher ) to support my flabby belly after they puncture it 5-6 times... lol while I am up walking....Good Luck and wishing you a Speedy Recovery, I didn't see a comb listed
  9. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    What to bring for me I went simple I didn't need nothing more than 1 set Pajamas, socks, house shoes, underwear, hygiene items (whatever you consider part of your hygiene regimine), soap, lotion. I wear braids so I didn't need anything for my hair. deoderant and I believe this is all i took. PLUS money for my medications. This is what I took when I went with Dr. Q. LADIES TAKE A LAXATIVE A FEW DAYS BEFORE SURGERY IT HELPS WITH POST GAS