Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

What to pack?

1. sunnyjill
    sunnyjill
    Hi! I'm having my surgery April 24th. I hear there is no AC in the hospital that Dr. Q works out of. Can anyone tell me what kind of clothes to pack, how many, and what shoes. I ALWAYS over pack wherever I go anywhere, but I'm planning on carrying my bag on the plane, so don't want to go over board.

Medications... Here's what I'm thinking I need to take. Gas X, Miralax, stool softener, some oxycodone and ibuprofen that I already have at home. Anything else medication wise?

What else do I need? Will I need a blow-dryer? I will not look very pretty on my trip home with flat hair. Ok, really, that's the last on my list of "worried about"
    Jill
  2. gigi28
    gigi28
    No AC?? You have got to be kidding right?
  3. DeliciousD
    DeliciousD
    No AC ?
  4. DragonsLoard
    I was sleeved Jan 12, 2013 and I was so cold the nurses gave me extra blankets. And no It wasnt that cold outside. I really never asked if they had AC. I would only take Gas X Strips. Your not going to need Miralax or stool softener. I see no real reason to take Oxycodne with you. I am sure Dr Q would not be to crazy about you taking your own pain meds post-op. They will give you pain meds. Guess you don't know this but ibuprofen is on the list of meds you should not take after getting sleeved. For clothing I took a change of clothes for my trip home. Sweats worked real well. You don't want anything tight. Slippers and socks. The two days I was in the hospital I wore the gown I was given daily. I'd take a laptop or Nook. I watched movies the 2 days I was in the hospital.
  5. DragonsLoard
    Ok I just talked with Henry Cortes and Santa Fe does have AC.
  6. AmandaL
    AmandaL
    I'm leaving early tomorrow morning to meet the driver at the border and this is what I'm taking:
    Gas X strips
    Pair of PJ's (for the hotel)
    Sports bra
    Enough undies for the 4 days
    Loose outfit for traveling home
    Chapstick
    Socks
    Body wash
    Deodorant
    Toothbrush/Toothpaste
    Cell phone & charger
    Laptop
    Passport
    Money (in small denominations)

I don't think there is really anything else you need.
  7. Savagels650
    Savagels650
    I was there on Feb. 11, and like DragonsLoard, I froze my butt off, and I am never cold! When we drove in from San Diego, we had the car windows down. When we walked into the clinic, there was a noticable difference in temp. So far as what to take, I was at Santa Fe Med. in Tijuana and they provide shampoo, conditioner, and soap like you would find in a motel. I can't remember if there was hand lotion. I also took a book of crossword puzzles.
  8. Dunamys
    Dunamys
    Im also having surgery the same day April 24. I guess ill see u there :0)
  9. sunnyjill
    sunnyjill
    Thanks for all the suggestions, they were very helpful. Dunamys, see you there!
  10. kallima_butterfly
    kallima_butterfly
    The place is nice and comfortable. There is a heater and a fan for you if you need. They supply you with gowns for the days at the hospital. You will need one set of clothing there and one set (or same) for the ride to hotel and travel home clothing. Underwear for 4 days and any personal hygiene items (face wash, makeup, toothpaste etc.) Sports bra as one of your cuts will be along the bra line and pjs. The clinic supplies herbal essence shampoo (no conditioner) and dove soap. There is no blow-dryer. They encourage showers each day. At the hotel you will find a basket with face soap, body soap, lotion, shampoo and conditioner and there is blow-dryer so you will look your best on the way home. I also brought slippers for walking the halls. I was told to bring $100 cash but I could have done with $120.00 as I felt cheap on some of my tips. You need $80.00 for meds and if you want soup or popsicles (homemade mango, strawberry or lime….yum!) from Alma u need another $10.00 so that’s $90.00. U may want to tip ur driver there and back (they can be different people each way), the waiter at the hotel, the porter that shows u to your room and anyone else u see just. That’s just my thoughts from my experience.
  11. sunnyjill
    sunnyjill
    kallima_butterfly, thank you so much. I love the breakdown you gave me. Very helpful
  12. Denn
    Denn
    Thanks!