Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Any advice on doctors? Colorado Springs

1. BatmansMom
    BatmansMom
    Hello everyone! I'm new to this whole idea and just had my consultation with the surgeon today. My doctor recommended surgery over a year ago and I declined to even go to a consultation because I just knew I could do it on my own. After a year of struggling and rollercoastering up and down in weight, like I always have, I realized that if I could do it on my own I wouldn't be obese at 32. I originally went into the consult dead set on the band. My doctor never even mentioned the sleeve and just pushed for the bypass as she is against the band. When I left the consult I was convinced that the sleeve is right for me.

So I have my PCP but I'm just not thrilled with her. She's not a bad doctor but she's a bit blunt and to the point with no sugar coating/empathy. I'm not super comfortable with her and would love to find a doctor who is a bit more understanding and willing to hold my hand through this whole process. With my discomfort in her abrupt manner I don't feel like I can ask her many questions... and this is MY health. I should be comfortable enough to ask anything. Does anyone have any recommendation on a doctor, preferably in the north end of Colorado Springs, who maybe has a experience with the obesity/surgery stuff but has a decent bedside manner?
  2. ACE
    ACE
    Are you asking for a differrent surgeon or just a new regular doc? I live outside the springs in Calhan and I ended up going up tp University Hospital in Denver and my surgeon was awesome to me his name is Kevin Rothchild. Sorry i dont know of surgeons in the springs because i had mine through medicaid so i had to go where they accepted it.
  3. BatmansMom
    BatmansMom
    Sorry, I just replied on your other post. I was looking for a new primary doctor. I might have fixed that though because I had to be scheduled with a different PA today since mine was booked and if I like her I'll just keep booking with her.

Thank you for your reply though.