Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Dr ismael Cabrera Garcia /mi doctor hospital any thoughts or experience pls

1. Romaniangel
    Romaniangel
    Hi everyone so I have surgery booked for July, for the vertical sleeve,of course I'm skeptical with it being in Mexico and travelling so far to do it, has anyone had an experience with these doctors, they seem to be great just any input help. Thanks
    Angel
  2. bergamini
    bergamini
    I think I had a different Garcia (Govea?) but at MI Doctor and while it wasn't a world class spa, the facility was clean, safe and had great Internet. I'm down 50# in just over 2 months and would definitely do it again.
  3. Romaniangel
    Romaniangel
    Lol there seems to be many garcia's, I wonder if they have quite a few dr's in the same facility. Was it through medical tourism corporation, was it also a full hospital and how were the staff ?Congrats on your weight lose I can't wait to begin my journey
  4. fatgirl2013
    fatgirl2013
    I had gastric sleeve a week ago at Juarez Mexico w Dr Rodriguez, the hospital is excellent, the doctors and nurses veryyyyyyyyy professional. Everything was perfect. Wonderful experience. Go for it!
  5. bergamini
    bergamini
    I went through Ready 4 A Change (Alma) and I really liked them, they answered all of my questions, I had coordinators at the hospital and hotel, they put us up at the Tijuana Marriott (best hotel in the city) and the drivers were good. It was a full hospital, they did other services on other floors. With that said, it isn't fancy like a new US hospital. It's clean and safe but more on the basic side. I have no regrets.
  6. dbarnes7
    dbarnes7
    I went to The Obesity Control Center with Dr Ortiz and it was great. I too was VERY Leary of going to mexico for surgery, a year before I would have thought it was just crazy to go out of the country for surgery. But then after researching it for months and reading hundreds of reviews I decided that it was Ok. I did it last November and havent regretted it once.
  7. slapperuski
    slapperuski
    i had Dr. Cabrera and Dr. Valenzuela at the MI Doctor Hospital in Tijuana, MX on Jan 28/13. Would reccommend the hospital and the Dr.'s to anyone. Hospital was very clean, and Dr. Cabrera was very easy to talk to and ask questions both before the surgery and after.
  8. HealthyHeather
    HealthyHeather
    I Had surgery 8/2/12 with Dr. Garcia at mi doctor hospital. I had a good experience and excellent results. I never felt uncomfortable while I was there. It felt very safe and the hotel was clean and I was driven to and from the hospital and hotel. I would recommend bringing someone with you so you have someone to run errands for you. Walmart is close by. The border took about 3 hours to cross on the way home, and that was in the medical lane. Best of luck to you, don't be nervous.