Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

my surgery

1. Sweet_Kath658
    Sweet_Kath658
    my surgery is now set for April 1st and thats no april fools joke either i am so excited i started the shakes this morning .. so i put my fruit in them for my meals .. cause 2 weeks before surgery u can have vegetables and fruits with or with out your shakes.. so i am happy saw the doctor last thursday and i got my date with in a week i am so happy .. i have a class for preop tuesday ( 3/19/13 and then i have some more blood work that needs to be done then after that nothing until my surgery .. so thats my update...
  2. cherylm20
    cherylm20
    I had my surger on February 20th and I would like to give you a few pointers. I wished they had given me phenagren for vomiting in the hospital because it would have controlled it better for me. I wished I had taken off a minimum of 3 weeks from work, I think it would have definately helped. Please make sure you use your ice packs, they really help. I was extremely weak, be sure to take liquid vitamins. Hope this helps. cheryl
  3. joanaheter
    joanaheter
    That is awesome!!!! I am still going through my weight management classes...Have to see the cardiologies, already got my psychology appt..
  4. compact
    compact
    Good on you, Kath and Joana. This is the beginning of powerful and profound change for the better.
    Cheryl -- it is good to have a wide range of medications available for nausea and vomiting. I had that problem too, no pain. They gave me Zofran (Ondansetron) first, which helped a lot but it wasn't til I had a dose of dexamethasone that the vomiting really stopped and I could drink properly. Lesson is, if you need anything for nausea (or pain), keep asking til you feel better.
    I took 4 weeks off work and am so glad I did. Very good time in your life to take time out to rest and recover.
    Nel
  5. dmassart
    dmassart
    I only had pain from the gas. Finally gave me some gas x and I was fine. No nausea, vomiting. I had surgery on Friday and went back to work on Monday. But, I have an office job. Good luck!!!
  6. bezzin56
    bezzin56
    I didn't have any pain, gas, nausea or vomiting. Just call me super women!! LOL I hope all of you have a very productive journey!
  7. Sweet_Kath658
    Sweet_Kath658
    i was told after surgery to walk a lot i hate pain meds the are going to send me home after surgery with neausea meds and pain meds wow babk to work in 4 days dmassat i am disabled arthritis my my body i just want to feel better gasx is the best