Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

pills?

1. zenful
    zenful
    Ok - I am allergic to whey so no whey protein. I tried one soy - a chocolate drink mix and it was gross and made me gag with every sip. I the next to try should be rice protein but I am afraid it will be gross because I have read some reviews about its taste. That and it gets expensive to try because none of them sell single servings for sample. So I am wishing for a protein pill - does anyone know of anything like this? Or even a small flavorless liquid kinda like a shot of protein? Any info you guys have is appreciated - I am not getting in enough protein and I feel it!
  2. BethJane
    BethJane
    Maybe you can purchase a super concentrated soy powder with highest protein so you wouldn't have to drink a lot of it. I have one soy protein, flavorless, called Jarrow's. It was inexpensive, and 30g per 2 tablespoons, and when I used the whey protein scooper to measure, I noticed I used twice as much soy in my drink than whey, so I got double the protein.....or you could look at it as, use the 2 tablespoonfuls of soy, and drink less shake than the whey. I dunno, really, it really does take a long time to find out what you like, meanwhile, spending money trying things can be pretty annoying. Taking a protein pill sounds like it would sit in my throat. I read an article, on consumer reports about protein shakes, and they said that it is cheaper to eat eggs and chicken for the same protein amounts as the shakes. !!
  3. kallima_butterfly
    kallima_butterfly
    I am planning on going on my Arbonne skakes...I thought they would be good because they are made with pea protin and are easy to digest. http://www.arbonnemarketing.com/PK/d...069_ca_eng.pdf. One serving of the Protein Powder Shakes delivers 20 grams of vegan protein plus 22 essential vitamins and minerals. They do have 29g of carb however and that worries me because in the preop diet they suggest 40-50 and 2 shakes will put me at 60.
  4. BethJane
    BethJane
    Wow, Kallima, the carbs scare me, though, some ladies said they think the reason for their stalls are carbs. Take it easy and God Bless.
  5. kallima_butterfly
    kallima_butterfly
    Yeah I ended up trying Isoflex anf matrix 5.0. I cant handle the isoflex and although I liked the matrix before surgery i dont now. Im looking into Syntrax Nectar but I might go back to The Arboone shakes since Im getting do little protein right now