Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

scales

1. dmassart
    dmassart
    I cannot make myself stay away from the scales. I think I need to take them to someone else's house. I try to stay away from them, but they are addictive too. I get so unhappy when I sit at the same number for two to three days. It always moves, but I have it in my head that it should move everyday. All you newbees, throw the darn things AWAY!!!!
  2. Kay4
    Kay4
    I know this feeling!
  3. barbthegroom
    barbthegroom
    I too am addicted to the scales. My doctor and his advisors all say only once a week, but the scales just call to me. I think it is just such a novelty that the scales actually go down for the first time in my life. I know it makes me fed up when they dont move, but it puts me in such a good mood when they go down.
  4. Tina Marie
    Tina Marie
    I actually never owned a scale until shortly before my surgery. I have limited myself to once or twice a week. I have a good friend who was basically addicted to her scale. Her husband hid it from her. I can see how it could easily happen.
  5. Sweet_Kath658
    Sweet_Kath658
    i dont have a scale yet.. my surgery is scedualed for april 1st getting excited but some of the vegetables i am eating are bothering my stomach and i got a lot of gas .. i need to call them i guess but so far i am excited about the surgery .. i went to my primary and 3 days on the shakes i ahve lost 3 lbs but get this i ahve had a cold and he put me back on predisone .. grrrrr and an antibotic.. so sorta mad but i dont want anything after surgery ..
  6. waiting2bthin
    waiting2bthin
    I don't have a scale and my surgery was feb 11th although need to buy one - then maybe I would quit eating cookies & candies.
  7. healedheart
    healedheart
    I don't keep scales in the house. I go to a friend of mines office which has the doctor scales and weigh about every week to two weeks. That way I should at least see a little loss and not be discouraged from the day to day weight flucuations people experience.
  8. blondie12au
    blondie12au
    I had my sleeve done just over a year ago. I weigh myself every day. Sometimes it stays on the same weight but mostly it goes down. Now after so long the weight loss is just about at a standstill but I get a kick out of getting on the scale and KNOWING how much I have lost. It really does not worry me or anyone else for that matter that I do it every morning. hahaha xxxcoralxxx
  9. Dixie
    Dixie
    I was weighing every day until my 2-week check-up. My doctor told me that weighing everyday is a good way to derail yourself. He said that women especially have many periods of stalling, and weighing daily only emphasizes that fact. He told me to weigh once a week, on the same day at the same time wearing the same clothes. This makes it a ritual, which is easier to maintain. Give it a try. I love being freed from the scale!
  10. Sweet_Kath658
    Sweet_Kath658
    wow i used to weight myself every day until my scale broke lol .. but i plan on getting one after surgery cause once i start walking i know the weight will come off fast ...
  11. DiPri
    DiPri
    I weigh myself everyday - It helps me keep on track with proper nutrition, getting enough protein and especially drinking enough water(liquids). Can't flush out all the bad stuff without enough water. I will soon be 58 and am 3 1/2 months out and have lost 53 ugly pounds. This is the greatest thing I've done for myself-enjoy the loss!!!!
  12. Lucy61
    Lucy61
    I weigh every day 1 time in the am and have for a couple years (held my weight +/- 3lb for over a year, then since surgery have watched it drop at a steady slow rate. It is my guage to keep me from ever going up - if it goes down - BONUS, which since surgery it has. I will never "assume" my weight again and let it start the creeping back up. I can keep 3-5 lb off with a couple days of behaving myself, where 10lb, 15 lbs, 20 lb gains get nothing but harder to lose.