Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Weight Loss

1. BeautifulMe
    BeautifulMe
    Hello, everyone. I was diagnosed with PCOS by my fertility doctor. At first, my only symptoms were facial hair, moodiness, somewhat weird periods, and the inability of getting pregnant. The last five to six years I have gained almost 50 pounds right in my belly. I walk and bowl every week and have even gone Gluten free thinking that would help as I've heard of success just from that. My husband almost instantly lost 20 lbs. while I lost only one; this is after seven months being Gluten free. It is disheartening to know that if I do not do something as drastic as surgery I may never get the weight off and only continue to gain. My fear is not losing the weight even after surgery.

So, my question is to all you post-op PCOSers, how much weight have you lost since your surgery? Do you find it a benefit losing slower because your skin has time to naturally adjust? Is it still difficult to lose? Are you happy with your progress? How are all your symptoms?

I would greatly appreciate your feedback. Thanks!
  2. shrinkinggirl
    shrinkinggirl
    Hi! I am a PCOS sufferer. Prior to my surgery, my doctor diagnosed me as one of the most severe cases he has ever seen. I am almost 7 months post-op at this point and I have lost 85 lbs. Now, I am not on any medications for insulin resistance, high blood pressure, or hormone imbalances. After my 3rd month post-op I got my period on my own for the FIRST time in my LIFE and have gotten it like clockwork since then. I have had a complete reversal of all PCOS symptoms- even my severe SEVERE facial and body hair has improved by at least half. I had no problem losing the weight and have lost as fast or faster than most of my doctor's other patients and am at the top of the lossers here on the forum. PCOS was a HUGE issue in my weight loss before but the sleeve 100% cured me.
  3. lakegirl
    lakegirl
    Good for you! Nice to hear that the surgery has helped you so much with your pcos. Keep up the good work.
  4. BeautifulMe
    BeautifulMe
    Thank you for sharing, shrinkinggirl! Your story is certainly inspirational for sure. I was hoping to hear news like this. It only makes me look forward to finally having surgery myself.
  5. yourstrulycate
    yourstrulycate
    I'm sooooooo happy to hear that, shrinkinggirl! There is hope! LOL